Kyle Walker - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we spent double on what we did for him, I'd consider it good value. The perfect defender.

Other than actually being good and everything, just the fact he has the engine which sadly Zaba did not have anymore (not to mention Sagna), is a fucking huge upgrade. But he's good anyway so...

I'm shocked at how good he's been in City's setup. I would have had him down as more of a Utd style player.

Seeing him & Delph makes me wonder how many more players Pep could convert.
Now you wonder :) Should have listened when I was telling you all summer :p

I think this is a case of the spursitis, nev..

I've watched a fair bit of him and rose over the last few years, with rose being the superior, technically.... however, walker has been top of his game since poch got hold of him, it was an easy sell for me.

If rose can remain fit also, I'd have him in a heartbeat, despite the comparable disdain from the city quarter!

Rose is quality, I’d love to see him at city. Delphs been class, but he’s limited going forward. I’d be happy to see city spend £50m on rose too.

If I did listen to you, I would be regretting us not signing Victor Lindeloff & probably be able to produce stats on how he never actually has a bad game.
Lindeloff would have been far better at City. Again, you should listen more. :p There is a reason why we've conceded 23 chances and the next best club has conceded 58. Its not because we have defensive superstars. But rather because our best defender has been possession..

So when I was busy bugging up possession defenders, this was the point why. You are witnessing it now.

By the way, how are all your "ex pro CB talking heads" doing with their predictions?

Lindeloff would have been far better at City. Again, you should listen more. :p There is a reason why we've conceded 23 chances and the next best club has conceded 58. Its not because we have defensive superstars. But rather because our best defender has been possession..

So when I was busy bugging up possession defenders, this was the point why. You are witnessing it now.

By the way, how are all your "ex pro CB talking heads" doing with their predictions?

Their predictions already came true, when we struggled for top 4 last season.

Believe it or not, you are not the only person on this forum who understands how possession works or how Pep works.

You just unfortunately haven't got a fucking clue about actual defending, which we have done as well as most, this season, including Stones & Otamendi, who have been in the ballpark of Kompany standard during this run.

If that wasn't important, we could play David Silva there. It is, just as 2nd ball etc is important & Pep has performed miracles improving both, as well as coaching our forwards, to get into more scoring positions, which you have been pretty quiet about as you were calling for replacements.

Perhaps you should have listened to me ?

But then if you did, listen to me, you would find I was often wrong about stuff, same as anyone would be, who listens to you.

Rose is quality, I’d love to see him at city. Delphs been class, but he’s limited going forward. I’d be happy to see city spend £50m on rose too.

I think we saw the tactical naivety of delph on Sunday for the first time, he's been a breath of fresh air and certainly proved the majority of us wrong, he isn't a long term solution though...

Personally I think we need to rectify it in Jan, however I can see it being problematic.... any top end player will look directly at Mendy and think 'I'm second choice', long term, we may have to settle for the Bertrands of this world!!!

I think we saw the tactical naivety of delph on Sunday for the first time, he's been a breath of fresh air and certainly proved the majority of us wrong, he isn't a long term solution though...

Personally I think we need to rectify it in Jan, however I can see it being problematic.... any top end player will look directly at Mendy and think 'I'm second choice', long term, we may have to settle for the Bertrands of this world!!!

Bertrand could be a great signing though. He's very good at delivering the ball and is very solid at the back. Plus Mendy has never played more than thirty games a season so Bertrand would always get games!

Bertrand could be a great signing though. He's very good at delivering the ball and is very solid at the back. Plus Mendy has never played more than thirty games a season so Bertrand would always get games!

Mendys age has been a factor, he's a thoroughbred, trust me.... he will be a beast by 25.. Bertrand is a decent understudy, Rose is where we should be aiming though, it allows more strings to our fender!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.