Kyle Walker - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit he is miles better than I thought he was when we were first linked with him and I actually rated him. Knew he was the best right back in the league but I just didn't realise by how much!

Him and Ederson combined keep me calm when we're defending, long ball over the top; either Kyle is covering or Ederson is rushing out.

That pass to Sterling in the 2nd half was superb, he was going to play it to feet, then readjusted and put Raheem in behind when he saw Alonso running in front to nick it.

I'll admit he is miles better than I thought he was when we were first linked with him and I actually rated him. Knew he was the best right back in the league but I just didn't realise by how much!

Him and Ederson combined keep me calm when we're defending, long ball over the top; either Kyle is covering or Ederson is rushing out.

That pass to Sterling in the 2nd half was superb, he was going to play it to feet, then readjusted and put Raheem in behind when he saw Alonso running in front to nick it.
We said it for a good few years and everyone laughed. Walker has been one of the best right backs in the world for the last 2/3 years tbh.

People telling me Aurier is potentially better. I'm yet to see anything near the level of Walker imho but it's early days. Head scratching how and why Pochettino chose to play Trippier in key games last season towards the end.

£50m is definitely a bargain. I would never have sold him

He's superb, and clearly the best right back in the league. Not only his pace but the way he joins attacks too, he's like a winger. Wished we'd sign him for about the last 3 seasons tbh, he's made such a huge difference to our defensive solidity and threat going forward. Great attitude too, definitely a winning mentality and won't be bullied. Fabulous signing.

We said it for a good few years and everyone laughed. Walker has been one of the best right backs in the world for the last 2/3 years tbh.

People telling me Aurier is potentially better. I'm yet to see anything near the level of Walker imho but it's early days. Head scratching how and why Pochettino chose to play Trippier in key games last season towards the end.

£50m is definitely a bargain. I would never have sold him

Aurier has been all over the place so far

Congrats Blues! Great dominance yesterday. That is exactly what it was, dominance.

A Spud here just checking up on the general feeling and changing tides of opinion on our old boy Kyle. My post history will show I come in peace and actually have a slight affinity for you light blue bastards. Even moreso when you put on the wonderful footie like you did yesterday...and hand it to Chelsea.

As far as Kyle is concerned I hope he continues to do well. Loved the guy in our colors and still do. Not just the player, the actual man. As I stated in your transfer thread he will be an asset to your club, your team and your right defensive flank will be shut down. He will not be beaten 1v1. Just get ready to laugh when Peg, who always sets his teams up to attack from the offensive left flank realizes that Rashford and Martial are absolutely owned by Kyle.

Just wanted to respond to some posts here.

Good post. What's amazing about all this is that his skill set equals his desire! We really couldn't have signed a more suitable RB I don't think. Still confused as to why so few rated him!
We did rate him but blind allegiances and ignorance in other fanbases prevented them from seeing his qualities.

You notice no one tries to mock his price now? Proven to be worth every penny.
Said you got a good deal when it was completed. It's worth 50M to never be concerned about 1/2 of the field.

This guy is fastly becoming one of my favourite players. He is so quick to recover if there is a break on, he goes mental at people around him if an opportunity is given away, how crazy were Spurs to let him leave?
We weren't crazy, Trippier is not better, etc etc. There was a breakdown in the relationship between Kyle and Poch (and possibly Levy) and Poch said he was not in his plans. Yes, some of it had to do with other opportunities but it mostly came down to Poch wanting him gone. Sad for us because we lose a player that was not only 'furniture' in the club but still at the top of his game. Nine friggin years is a long time to nurture/root for a player.

Brilliant signing. £50m frankly is a bargain.
Not necessarily a 'bargain' per se but definitely good value. Now you should re-focus the barbs you guys got about this one on the rags (hate them) about their Lindelof purchase because he is pants.

I'll admit he is miles better than I thought he was when we were first linked with him and I actually rated him. Knew he was the best right back in the league but I just didn't realise by how much! Him and Ederson combined keep me calm when we're defending, long ball over the top; either Kyle is covering or Ederson is rushing out. That pass to Sterling in the 2nd half was superb, he was going to play it to feet, then readjusted and put Raheem in behind when he saw Alonso running in front to nick it.
Loved that pass and can't believe it wasn't talked about during the broadcast. Underrated part of his game. He did show it at Spurs but the opportunities to utilize it were few as our movement is not what it is at City. What he can't do it pass like that on the move. But maybe that will develop at City with all the friggin movement buzzing around him. Hope it does because I would like to see him get all the recognition he deserves. Like I said I really like Walker...

We said it for a good few years and everyone laughed. Walker has been one of the best right backs in the world for the last 2/3 years tbh. People telling me Aurier is potentially better. I'm yet to see anything near the level of Walker imho but it's early days. Head scratching how and why Pochettino chose to play Trippier in key games last season towards the end. £50m is definitely a bargain. I would never have sold him
Your Spurs right? Are you on any spurs boards? If so then you know that Poch wanted him gone. To not sell him Levy would have been backing the player over his Manager. That would have been an untenable situation for Poch and he is more important than any player we have...and that includes Harry.

Trippier was never, and I mean never, better than Walker. But why would Poch play Walker if he knew he would not be there?

Aurier is a better footballer than Kyle. He is not as fast or physical as Kyle but seriously, who is? Proper player. It remains to be seen if he can be a better RB than Kyle but it does have the potential to be an improvement on balance because of the improved technical ability. But unlike Kyle, Serge had no preseason at all, let alone a Poch preseason. Like all of our transfers he will take months to settle not the 30 days or so that he has been here.

Aurier has been all over the place so far
He has had 30 days with the team with no preseason with PSG. Kyle has had everyday of preseason with you and in the same league with which he is familiar. No need to denigrate Aurier to alter the context of this transfer. It turned out to be a win win win situation. Though Spurs fans such as myself will always be a little sad when we see him line up for another team. Not because it is you guys (because I pretty much watch all of your games) but because he gets to lineup with to David Silva, that beautiful neo-bald magician and it's not for Spurs.

Signed,

Fan of "the Harry Kane team"...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.