Kyle Walker - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made me laugh as well,he is doing very well on a steep learning curve
To be fair and I always put my hand up and admit when I’m wrong,I didn’t think walker was all that mostly speed and nothing else,but boy has he proved me wrong and pleased he has long may it continue..

Brainfart: He did make a couple in his time but it wasn't frequent enough to tar his whole career but some people are morons. In their defense a couple did cost points though. They probably resulted from crappy setups as our whole defense was garbage before Poch regardless of personnel. There are a few tactical situations in which he is less reliable but you won't encounter those situations until you meet teams that can actually attack/where your dominance of the ball is in question.

Reception: I bloody well hope he gets the proper reception that his 9 years deserves. A true servant to the club this guy is, you lucky f*ckers. But I do feel he will get booed. I imagine we will boo Modric and Bale when we play Madrid in 2 weeks time and I don't believe either of them deserve it either. They both served us well and for a long time. In Modric's case he was in his prime and needed to move as we were not where we are today and he needed to be playing in the CL.
Fans are idiots. Not just Spurs but all.

Unfortunately most fans are not as level headed as you (or myself I hope!), and I fully expect morons to boo him. I did hear about a breakdown in relationship between Poch and Kyle of course, but I just don't understand it. Gutted tbh.

Either way, it's fascinating to hear about Walker's experiences of the two managers. I eagerly anticipate the clash between us, I truly hope we are able to field our absolute strongest XI against city because even though it probably won't make for easy viewing, it will be a fascinating contest in terms of contrasting styles. Pep has said that Poch's teams come looking for you (previously in their time in Spain), but I would much prefer if we sat back and played a low block and looked to counter.

Fans are idiots. Not just Spurs but all.

Unfortunately most fans are not as level headed as you (or myself I hope!), and I fully expect morons to boo him. I did hear about a breakdown in relationship between Poch and Kyle of course, but I just don't understand it. Gutted tbh.

Either way, it's fascinating to hear about Walker's experiences of the two managers. I eagerly anticipate the clash between us, I truly hope we are able to field our absolute strongest XI against city because even though it probably won't make for easy viewing, it will be a fascinating contest in terms of contrasting styles. Pep has said that Poch's teams come looking for you (previously in their time in Spain), but I would much prefer if we sat back and played a low block and looked to counter.
I don't really enjoy the tribal banter after a point. Once it moves beyond the actual result of a match it becomes silly. Take the piss after you beat a team is fine. But then fools say foolish things to rescue their pride and it devolves into a food fight. Not interested. I like good team footie and other than Spurs that resides in the blue half of Manchester...or wherever Pep resides (and truthfully with the referendum I do think he should go back to Catalunya as quickly as possible to provide moral support to his people. Just sayin)

Our full complement of players will be important. Last year I was confident of a win in the first game and less so in the 2nd as I figured Pep would have a tactical twist and we were light in our back line (Wimmer started right?). Just like against Chelsea I knew we would own the flanks because of our FBs. Well it it seems Pep now has one of our FBs (damn, the bald fraud...that's a joke Blues I love Pep, just not more than Poch). And now with Mendy out he may have both after January but Poch says Danny is going nowhere.

It will be a good game. At WHL I think we would win full XI v Full XI. Hope Poch goes right at them. Press them to within an inch of their lives from the off. Make the game as ugly and disjointed as possible because we have the physical edge assuming Dembele and Wanyama are back. Will be fun to see Rose v Walker. Two Yorkshire boys kicking the sh*t outta each other like their early days.

Wonder what those Spurs fans claiming he can't cross a ball are thinking (or missing) after that assist for Kane's winner...

Wonder what those Spurs fans claiming he can't cross a ball are thinking (or missing) after that assist for Kane's winner...

Tbf, Trippier has more PL assists than Walker since the start of last season, despite playing well over 2000 fewer minutes.

Trippier does have better crossing ability than Walker. But Walker can cross too. He just has a little trouble when there’s less time and space to kick the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.