Kyle Walker : 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would have made a big difference to go in 0-0.

I don't understand why Walker did what he did. For an experienced fullback it's almost unbelieveable.
Brain fart, happens to everyone, just happened at the worst possible time.

I'm a bit perplexed that Pep has consistently favoured Walker over Danilo. He's a very limited footballer, his crossing is woeful and is capable of brain-dead moments in virtually every game. Whereas Danilo in my opinion is a better defender, is great at overlapping, has a more accurate cross and is intelligent/technically proficient enough to play in midfield. You would think he is the sort of player Pep would love to have in his team. Is it just because we paid more for him or because he's really fast? I'm probably being harsh and Pep obviously knows best but I'm struggling to understand how he is retaining his place in the team on current form.

I'm a bit perplexed that Pep has consistently favoured Walker over Danilo. He's a very limited footballer, his crossing is woeful and is capable of brain-dead moments in virtually every game. Whereas Danilo in my opinion is a better defender, is great at overlapping, has a more accurate cross and is intelligent/technically proficient enough to play in midfield. You would think he is the sort of player Pep would love to have in his team. Is it just because we paid more for him or because he's really fast? I'm probably being harsh and Pep obviously knows best but I'm struggling to understand how he is retaining his place in the team on current form.
Sounds daft, but I think it genuinely is because he’s really fast. Every commentator always churns out “Walker bombs up and down the right flank.” Not for us he doesn’t - his role is to prevent counter attacks with his pace, so he is positioned to best perform that role. He doesn’t overlap anywhere near as much for us as he did for Spurs, and it’s just as well, his play in the final third is atrocious.

He’s played poor most of this season though. Danilo really ought to be given a chance.

I also don't know why he's taking free kicks and running into CM before trying to elbow Rudiger. It's like he tries to do too much and loses trust in his teammates.
It wasn't a bad free kick tbf, surprised me.

Another poor cameo, he's been garbage this season.

He thinks he’s made it if you ask me , too much goofing around on social media. Hasn’t been picked up on but he’s nearly at it as much as Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.