Kyle Walker : 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was bloody awful again yesterday. I have to say I am not his biggest fan and him just being able to run fast, doesn't really do it for me.

Lost count of how many times he either gave the ball away or gave someone a hospital pass. Offered bugger all going forward as usual as well.

Agree with that,but fatigue will become the excuse soon enough I'm sure

Thought he was bloody awful again yesterday. I have to say I am not his biggest fan and him just being able to run fast, doesn't really do it for me.

Lost count of how many times he either gave the ball away or gave someone a hospital pass. Offered bugger all going forward as usual as well.

He still plays like our full backs from last season.....restricted. When we lost Mendy, Pep pretty much gave up on our full backs being attacking outlets. Instead, we played with high, wide wingers and the full backs tucked into midfield. This season Mendy is providing the width on the left but Walker seems to still be tucked inside standing on Vinnies toes. I don’t think having Bernardo in front of him helps either because if Walker isn’t going to get forward, we will hardly ever get to the byline on the right wing.

TBH, I would rather see Bolton in the team instead of Walker based on current form. Apart from his pace, he offers nothing going forward, and defensively he has a lot of brain farts

If one full-back goes forward and joins the attack it means the other one has to stay at the back. Mendy is a lot better going forward than Kyle, therefore, we don't see much of Kyle in terms of bursting forward and overlapping.

If one full-back goes forward and joins the attack it means the other one has to stay at the back. Mendy is a lot better going forward than Kyle, therefore, we don't see much of Kyle in terms of bursting forward and overlapping.
Precisely. With Mendy so far forward, the remaining defenders drift left to cover so Walker has to be deeper and more central.

Saw an interview with him in the paper this morning,he is staying back to help cover mendy who has licence to go foward,pep has him being a bit more defensive and picking and choosing his runs foward,i mention it as some were talking about why he wasn't getting foward the other day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.