Kyle Walker : 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would give Walker a break right now actually. We can play Bolton against Burton and Danilo can play Burnley and Newcastle.

Think players usually get at least one day off a week maybe 2?? Give Walker an extra 2-3 days and let him fly to Dubai with the wife and kids to relax the mind like you suggested.

Don’t think a 7-10 day break is realistic during the season but right now while we are in a good position fixture wise, Walker can take 4 days off for example. Wed to Sat back in training on Sunday and on the bench at Newcastle for example. Of course he could train alone in Dubai as well.

I still doubt something like this will happen but Pep should definitely consider it. He suffering from mental fatigue not physical but the mind effects the body clearly.

He's got to be suffering from mental and physical fatigue. I checked and he's played more games than anyone else, more minutes than anyone else and more 90 minute games than anyone else since he arrived.

No rest after the world cup, not even rotation because Danilo was injured.

I would send him away for a few days and I'd also advise he gets one of those 10 day injuries during the next international break, he is going to start for Southgate in the games that matter - no debat about that, only whether he'll be RCB in a 3 or RB in a 4.

He's got to be suffering from mental and physical fatigue. I checked and he's played more games than anyone else, more minutes than anyone else and more 90 minute games than anyone else since he arrived.

I would send him away for a few days and I'd also advise he gets one of those 10 day injuries during the next international break, he is going to start for Southgate in the games that matter - no debat about that, only whether he'll be RCB in a 3 or RB in a 4.

That’s a good point, should definitely take off next international break. Thought he was excellent last season.

He doesn't appear to be able to 'read' the game like other defenders.
So where Stones, Otamendi and Laporte anticipate a potential problem and make moves to better position themselves, Kyle will be stood there watching.
Unfortunately, at his age, I'm not sure it's something he can improve on.
His pace, although a superb asset, will not always be there against the clever and just as nippy forwards the top team's have.

Once again I stand alone, but I think a lot of you are inventing issues for Walker that don't exist.

I can buy the fatigue angle, as the evidence is concrete, but that's it really.

Personally I think he's been playing a more expansive game than last season, and there's a trial and error element which means occasionally things aren't going to work.

I won't pretend he's been perfect, but I do believe he's suffering from people noticing what he's doing wrong and never noticing what he does right. Like Sterling for England (fortunately without the abuse Sterling got though).

His only asset as I see it is his speed. That allows him to recover from some of the errors he makes. Personally I'd like to see a footballing full back who can also read the game.

Remember when you said this about Sterling?

Sterling is right up there with the worst buys we have made. His touch is awful.He's lightweight,easy to move off the balll and goes down at the slightest touch. An utter waste of money.

I would think you'd learn not to write players off after being proven wrong a few times, but apparently not.

Walker is a world class fullback who was absolutely integral to our 100 point season and is having a bad few months after being overplayed. I can't believe anyone thinks Pep Guardiola would spend £50m on a fullback whose only asset was speed anyway.

Remember when you said this about Sterling?

I would think you'd learn not to write players off after being proven wrong a few times, but apparently not.

Walker is a world class fullback who was absolutely integral to our 100 point season and is having a bad few months after being overplayed. I can't believe anyone thinks Pep Guardiola would spend £50m on a fullback whose only asset was speed anyway.
Top put down

He has played a hell of a lot of football and is suffering for it. Danilo is growing into our squad and should start ahead of him for now.

With England he is possibly losing ground to others. With Gomez and Alexander-Arnold fit you would probably have both in, Stones and Maguire as the other centre backs. I recognise both are currently injured but he isn't a certainty to start for England at RB or RCB. Trippier has had a worse season so he is probably ahead of him but Trippier has been excellent for England so probably gets some leeway for poor form with Spurs.

Rest him against Burnley too and hopefully he is back to higher levels against Newcastle. If not, with Mendy returning, Danilo has the right back slot. Better on the ball even if he hasn't the pace to get out of defensive difficulties. In general he is probably a better defender anyway and Walker hasn't offered much end product this seaaon. Danilo has probably done more in the handful of games he has played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.