Kyle Walker : 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one who has ever worked with the 2 thinks Trippier is better.

Pochettino used Walker ever single game until he told them he was leaving, and as soon as Southgate got a decent 3rd centre back, Trippier got dropped for Walker.

The funny thing is that if you've followed Spurs at all this season you'd know their fans can't stand Trippier at the moment and want him dropped for Aurier.

I have followed Spurs this season and Trippier as I have him in my draft fantasy team, so watch him all the time.

He’s not great but Walker is a calamity waiting to happen.

My post isn’t meant to be bigging Trippier up, just highlighting how crap Walker is.

Athleticism aside there is nothing elite about him as a right-back.
Shite under the cosh
Doesn't offer enough going foward
Except the odd crossfield ball his passing is average
Crossing is not good enough

Prime Zab would have been a monster in this team

You’re right, Walker is
That may or may not be the case but it is entirely a different matter. Like others on here I think Walker is going downhill. He has lost half a yard, which is his biggest asset. The rest of his game is only slightly above average and last night he again offered nothing much. Too many miscontrols, nothing passes, tempo halts - he was not alone though. Danilo had a mare at LB as well but he's probably first choice RB.

I have followed Spurs this season and Trippier as I have him in my draft fantasy team, so watch him all the time.

He’s not great but Walker is a calamity waiting to happen.

My post isn’t meant to be bigging Trippier up, just highlighting how crap Walker is.

Your post is complete nonsense though, Walker isn't crap, he's the best RB in the country out of form.

That may or may not be the case but it is entirely a different matter. Like others on here I think Walker is going downhill. He has lost half a yard, which is his biggest asset. The rest of his game is only slightly above average and last night he again offered nothing much. Too many miscontrols, nothing passes, tempo halts - he was not alone though. Danilo had a mare at LB as well but he's probably first choice RB.

The rest of his game is worse than average.

I definitely agree he’s going down hill though.

Your post is complete nonsense though, Walker isn't crap, he's the best RB in the country out of form.
This is not a dig, it’s an honest question... how long would he need to be crap for before we decide he’s not out of form and has become crap? Because he can’t be that far off it.

This is not a dig, it’s an honest question... how long would he need to be crap for before we decide he’s not out of form and has become crap? Because he can’t be that far off it.

If he's still shit this time next year you might have that conversation.

Fernandinho took 8 months off form and was playing poorly after the 2014 world cup, would you have written him off as shit as well?

Walker has now reached 100 games for club & country since he arrived with no break. He has played absolutely miles more than anyone else in the squad.

So if he's still poor after a full summer's rest then maybe the conversation about it being more than form can start.

I was talking to a Chelsea fan recently who said he thought Kyle was the best English right back at the moment and he loved watching him play. I put him straight and advised that his form was poor to say the least.He seemed shocked and couldn’t believe what I was telling him. Kyle needs a rest and taken out of the squad for a while. By continuing to play him isn’t doing him any good in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.