Kyle Walker - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clumsy and reckless yesterday,but you can never criticise the lads attitude,you never get less than 100% with Walker.
A bit like Zinchenko in that respect. Both good honest lads who work their socks off and are true professionals. I don't think either are great footballers however, but I guess you don't need a team of 11 superstars.

A bit like Zinchenko in that respect. Both good honest lads who work their socks off and are true professionals. I don't think either are great footballers however, but I guess you don't need a team of 11 superstars.
Maybe a bit unfair on Zinchenko..who is of course a quality footballing centre mid for his country ..but I take your point can look a bit out of place at left back....

Clumsy and reckless yesterday,but you can never criticise the lads attitude,you never get less than 100% with Walker.

I wonder if Cancelo's arrival contributed to that? The first 2 weeks of the season he was incredible, even a step above his performances the last 2 years, and quite a few people put that down to competition arriving.

Maybe on the weekend we saw the other side of that coin where he just got a bit too fired up to have a good game and keep his place.

Last edited:
I wonder if Cancelo's arrival contributed to that? The first 2 weeks of the season he was incredible, even a step above his performances the last 2 years, and quite a few people put that down to competition arriving.

Maybe on the weekend we saw the other side of that coin where he just got a bit too fired up to have a good game and keep his place.
Very possibly.

2 great games, sunday he was too eager too early and lost his head. Just needs to calm down and pick his moments, because him and Nico turn into a nightmare pairing when their cool goes.

Pep Guardiola on Kyle Walker's England omission: "Kyle is stable in the mind, he knows exactly to do and always performs well. Be stable here [mentally]. Be consistent, be seven or eight (out of 10) all the time - that is what we have to work on with him..."

"He is incredibly strong and will be back. He's played really well in the beginning of the season. Understand that Wan-Bissaka and Alexander-Arnold are incredible full-backs too. He has to continue performing well to come back to the national team."

Please don’t anyone try telling me this fucking headless chicken is any good. The full back equivalent of Theo Walcott. Take away his pace and you’re left with next to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.