Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
we need to get 2 fullbacks and centre backs that are going to take the shirts every week and not swap and change from game to game its simple and make sense to play your best players all the time in the games that we are really going flat out to win. the squad will play its part and players covering for a role he does not play or understand must end and i want to see the best 11 start as much as possible and mean business

6c545e0a9d16e82f13d2fa81ee194a7e.png

Walker is very one-dimensional, that's the problem. He doesn't suit the idea of a makeshift 5 with fullbacks used all across the pitch which I find very cool and perspective. Using Walker would probably mean less possibilities of in-game switches, that's why I supposed the same simple asymmetric setup as at 2008-2011 Barca. With Henrichs as RB we would do some crazy (and effective) shifts, you need truly versatile players for it.

Would Fernandinho not provide that alternative?

I think with Mendy and Walker we would have 2 full backs who can provide the width and overload the wings. Look at Spurs, they have son, Alli and Erikssen behind Kane and all of them play narrower. This creates space for the full back and also means we have bodies in the area when the full back put in the cross.

I'm not expecting walker to be too involved in the build-up so Im not overly worried about his technique, we've seen already that the center backs pull wide and the CM drops in to the middle when we play it out. The full backs would be higher up the pitch. I'm excited to see how attacking we can be.

He actually provides it, you're right, but he's far from being worldclass and will last only 1 year unfortunately.

Yup, Fair enough, think we may get a bit longer out of him now we don't have to flog him to death.

I think we'll see in that year if Walker can adapt or whether we deploy horses for courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.