Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's impossible to improve on that team, apart from Messi.

Not impossible but certainly improbable. I don't think there's another midfielder out there currently at Xavi's level or Iniesta in his prime. Same with right backs and Dani Alves. From a personnel point of view it's a very hard squad to match and that's before taking into account just how well they played as a team.

The signing of Walker & Mendy would, imo, be an interesting departure from Pep's usual routine. Neither could be accused of being particularly clever or cultured players, they are fast & direct & like to cross the ball. It's going to be really interesting to see how it evolves but imo a Barca style team with a more physical & direct aspect, would be better than his Barca team.
That's it as you say a more physical, direct team which as we all know works in the EPL, it doesn't mean it would work in Spain or Germany....I think we are seeing Pep evolving again especially with the potential signing of Walker and Mendy

That's it as you say a more physical, direct team which as we all know works in the EPL, it doesn't mean it would work in Spain or Germany....I think we are seeing Pep evolving again especially with the potential signing of Walker and Mendy

It's a good move going for two powerful wing backs like mendy and walker. Put them into the starting line up and I'll be much more confident going into the season. Having two small wing backs like of the alba or bellerin mould worry me, I don't think we'd have another power and strength in the team.

Not impossible but certainly improbable. I don't think there's another midfielder out there currently at Xavi's level or Iniesta in his prime. Same with right backs and Dani Alves. From a personnel point of view it's a very hard squad to match and that's before taking into account just how well they played as a team.

There isn't a midfielder the same but there are others better at other things & we have several. We also have two kids in Sané & Jesus, who could be amongst the top few players in the world, in the coming years.

There is no point in making a direct copy of Pep's Barca as the whole world of football has had time now to figure out how to counter it. Even Barca are trying to adapt.

The challenge is to use the best aspects of that style & adapt to the new challenge, which imo is what Pep appears to be trying to build.

Showing his Mediocrity again today. still praying we take Bertrand as a second lb option and go foreign for the right back spot.

Showing his Mediocrity again today. still praying we take Bertrand as a second lb option and go foreign for the right back spot.
Been praying for that ever since we got linked with him. Secretly hope that Spurs demand 100mil and we sign someone else. He's a good player and that's about it. There are so many better RBs out there that I just can't wrap my head around why we're going for him.

Been praying for that ever since we got linked with him. Secretly hope that Spurs demand 100mil and we sign someone else. He's a good player and that's about it. There are so many better RBs out there that I just can't wrap my head around why we're going for him.

I've always had a strong hatred for him for no specific reason. Do not rate him in the slightest. Pace gets him out of a lot of trouble which doesn't wash against the top players his pace makes him look better going forward than he is going forward too imo

Funding our rivals 45+ mil for this player would be a huge mistake.

There are no good homegrown fullbacks at the present.

I've always had a strong hatred for him for no specific reason. Do not rate him in the slightest. Pace gets him out of a lot of trouble which doesn't wash against the top players his pace makes him look better going forward than he is going forward too imo
I don't hate him. He's not a bad player by any measure. It's just that there's nothing special about him - aerial duels, tackling, positioning, vision, crossing, passing - nope nothing. He's fast and is okay defensively and that's that. He's been playing in the prem for what 7-8 seasons now? And I can't remember a single season in which he had a great or world class performance. That distribution would probably look like 25% shit, 50% average and 25% good. In comparison, Zaba had at least 2 world class seasons where he was up there with the best in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.