Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on your definition of 'worldclass'. But I can name at least one young RB with superstar potential - Benjamin Henrichs. Unfortunately, unavailable right now.
Well just world class potential should do, also yes him I linked to on this thread a while back but he signed a contract extension, it just seems like there's a shortage on fullbacks in Europe right now. Maybe our South American scouts will find the new Alves and we can drag this out till the last minute and sign someone else just to teach Levy a lesson?

Don't disagree mate. He doTs very well within the current Spurs setup. Simply pointing out that he isn't the mythical alchemist some of our fans think he is.

Be interesting to see how bigger money signings with bigger wages ,which Spurs are probably going to have to move towards in the next few years, will impact on how he operates.

It's a very fine line. Once you pay silly money it opens a can of worms. Every player wants a raise

The fact that we can finish 3rd then 2nd with a wage bill half of Arsenal, Chelsea, City, United and Liverpool is a good sign. Levy deserves a pat on the back for that. When the likes of Coquellin, Bravo, Mingolet, Smalling, Jones, Terry, Fellani etc are all on more than any Spurs player shows there is a bigger problem elsewhere

as you said the next few years will be tricky for Levy

Well just world class potential should do, also yes him I linked to on this thread a while back but he signed a contract extension, it just seems like there's a shortage on fullbacks in Europe right now. Maybe our South American scouts will find the new Alves and we can drag this out till the last minute and sign someone else just to teach Levy a lesson?
As I see it, such unexpected discoveries are impossible with modern scouting nets and databases. The talents are being discovered at U16 levels and are poached by big clubs immediately. I mean, you can't expect City to find an unknown readymade fullback somewhere in tropical forest just because our scouts are better.

Don't disagree mate. He does very well within the current Spurs setup. Simply pointing out that he isn't the mythical alchemist some of our fans think he is.

Be interesting to see how bigger money signings with bigger wages ,which Spurs are probably going to have to move towards in the next few years, will impact on how he operates.

Levi is an Ok chairman - they have bought well recently but they have won Naff all.

Years ago we were a very averagely run club up and down the divisions - OUR chairman has made us into one of the most valuable clubs on the planet and able to sign these players whilst running now at a profit. We will also win more than Spurs.

So I ask which is the best way Levi's or ours? As the poster says lets see how Levi does when the Spurs fans are in the new ground and expect more - i.e. trophies

If we keep paying over the odds sooner or later it will hamstring us, the people saying it doesn't matter don't know this they are just blindly assuming the powers that be(at City) have everything in check. The question is if we do walk away will these people complain and say we should have "just paid it" or accept that we have to start spending intelligently and the powers that be at City decided this wasn't good value?
Its already hurting us. Its why Spurs have the balls to quote 50 mil for a fullback. If I were the one on the other side of the table (I know it doesn't happen that way, but lets imagine it did :p) I'd have slapped Levy with a wad of 50 Liras for having th audacity to even think 50 million, talkless utter the words into existence. Lol

We agree :)
Why agree with a lie? The solution is right there in his claim. Find a worth it foreign fullback and move Kolarov and Dihno. The very 2 names he mentioned.

And I'm.not even a front office guy. But I can see the possibilities.

Kolarov, Bravo, Dihno, and Ota. Are four foreign players who are unlikely to be starters. You can move any of them.

Lets go outside the box here

Henrichs in
Dihno out
Delph stays.

Henrichs a 14 million pound up and coming RB, with the best tackle/Interception combo of all fullbacks in the top 5 leagues. Comes in to learn from Alves and team up with him to dominate the RB position. He is bigger than Walker, just as rapid, a better crosser, uses both feet well. Way younger too. So more moldable. Boom! Full back problem solved.

Move Dihno on. Yes, its painful, great player, good lad, but closing in on 32 and showed a bit of decline last season. Unlikely to start at any position and mostly will probably be a deep backup next year. Sell for 8 million. Total Net spend on Right back? 6 million! Now that's putting together a good deal.

Keep Delph as the 6th CM instead. Sure he'll be injured a lot, but lets be real, the other 5 will play 95% of the games even if he or Digno were healthy for every game.

So issue solved. And we still have 3 wildcards we can move if the Mbappe thing shakes :)

Last edited:
With the money in football now, especially in the premier league £50m is the new £25m? I just don't see the point in txiki negotiating for 3 or 4 weeks then paying the price anyway?

I'm not sure what your point is there, "we are loaded we can spend what we want" is not realistic though for me, I can just see the words administration error flashing up in a daily mail exclusive. :(

Joking aside though the point was would there be toys thrown out of the pram if City did start saying that's too much for this player? Or would they accept that someone has done the maths and that's that?

We ain't run like a tinpot club like the scum are! what I post on here doesn't make One difference to what our owner do.

Our club will spend what they can afford to, if they think 50m for walker is fine they will pay it.

Lets go outside the box here

Henrichs in
Dihno out
Delph stays.

So, let's see. You want to get rid of a player like Fernandinho who will still play an important role next season. At his age and salary we wouldn't get much for him and would almost end up giving away a 30M quality player, we'd also keep an injury prone player and try to buy a player that maybe isn't even for sale for much less than Walker for all we know.

The alternative is to spend a few million extra on Walker and keep Fernandinho. I know which I'd go for and which makes the most business sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.