Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep reading that the Alves setback today plays greatly into Levy's hands, but I'm not that convinced that it does. It might have if Spurs didn't want to sell, but it seems pretty clear that they do want to do a deal. They won't make the price prohibitive because otherwise they risk missing out on what is an already sizeable transfer fee, and having an unhappy (and seemingly unwanted, by Pochettino at least) player on their hands.

I keep reading that the Alves setback today plays greatly into Levy's hands, but I'm not that convinced that it does. It might have if Spurs didn't want to sell, but it seems pretty clear that they do want to do a deal. They won't make the price prohibitive because otherwise they risk missing out on what is an already sizeable transfer fee, and having an unhappy (and seemingly unwanted, by Pochettino at least) player on their hands.
Yes...I think Levy is just being Levy.

I think the only card Levy has now is with every day he hasn't sold Walker to us is another day he doesn't work with Pep maybe taking more time to adjust. I agree though Levy isn't the one with "pocket aces" in this deal

Tottenham have already put their figure out in the press, so much like Mendy it's just a question of arguing how it's going to be paid, rather than the eventual figure. Add to the fact replacements aren't yet sorted and you can see the reasoning for such delays.

Spurs can fleece is now. Don't even rate the guy he's nothing special.
He's actually pretty good. I'd struggle to pick a better rb in the Premier league.

Great full backs are hard to come by, if they were we'd have left him already.

The question is do we need him more than Poch wants to be rid of him? At this point barring any serious links elsewhere I'd say yes, which means Spurs have every incentive to drag this til the 11th hour and mug us off on price.

Spurs can fleece is now. Don't even rate the guy he's nothing special.

I don't get this logic. Even if we had signed Alves we still needed another right back as he was never going to play 50/60 games, so what difference does it make?

It's not difficult to replicate the position we held with Alves for discussion purposes, leak a few names to the press in that position and if it comes up in negotiation just say we are close on another target. It's a hard one for him to test. Meanwhile we should actually be working on another target anyway, just in case.

Personally I think it'll convince Walker even more because now he knows he's not got Alves to compete with. I'm just not sure he's got the backbone to make his stance clear. The real winner here is to pick up Walker, and sign Fabinho as DM plus RB cover. (:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.