Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here come the Fee police.

I'll never, ever understand the fan obsession with transfer fees.

We have x amount of money. If we spend 55 on Walker we have x-55 in our tranfer kitty. If we spend 40 on Walker we have x-40 in our transfer kitty. Make sense now?

I'd pay £60m if I had to. Walker is the best in England comfortably and as people are very quick to point out, we don't have a single right back, ergo we don't have a single piece of leverage with the deal.

Would we rather Walker didn't sign but the moral high ground of '£50m is too much' being upheld make anyone feel better because it sure as hell wouldn't me?

The money is high but look at the market! Swansea rejected £40m for Sigurdsson, Everton paid £30m for a Championship keeper and Chelsea are about to pay £40m for a player who will miss preseason and won't be available until September as he had the fluid removed from his knees.

Get him in, get him integrated and fix one of two glaring problems with our squad with a great player.
Exactly.

I'd pay £60m if I had to. Walker is the best in England comfortably and as people are very quick to point out, we don't have a single right back, ergo we don't have a single piece of leverage with the deal.

Would we rather Walker didn't sign but the moral high ground of '£50m is too much' being upheld make anyone feel better because it sure as hell wouldn't me?

The money is high but look at the market! Swansea rejected £40m for Sigurdsson, Everton paid £30m for a Championship keeper and Chelsea are about to pay £40m for a player who will miss preseason and won't be available until September as he had the fluid removed from his knees.

Get him in, get him integrated and fix one of two glaring problems with our squad with a great player.
You want banning for talking sense!

Fees are irrlevant this summer. Just look across the board at the fees being paid. 40 million is the new 20 million etc.
I shall be listening to your podcast tonight. Some interesting stories brewing: Full back deals close. Mbappe and maybe even Bonucci. Sounds like he could be moving and we had an interest in him in the past...

At this point I don't care how much he costs we just need full backs signed and in training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.