Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
They all need replacing (and KdB soon) anyway, so need to stay planning to avoid the mess the dippers got into.

Add in a potential transfer ban should we lose the case against the PL and having a team ready for the next few years this summer makes sense.

Replacing Kev will be as difficult as replacing Pep :(

When you think about it...

Mahrez, Walker, Gundo now into their early thirties.

Bernie, Laporte, Cancelo, also knocking on 30.

It's a brave move, especially if we somehow had a transfer window ban in next couple years?

We can afford to take a step back maybe, to take three forward, such is the talent we still have?
I understand where you’re coming from but I’m all for doubling down hard if we do lose these players. Spending the money wisely will yield more titles, we’re treble winners and have won arguably the hardest treble for any European team with the prem being so competitive. I for one would be going for FDJ and Davies whatever the price. I think Gavardiol and Kovo will be very good acquisitions but games are won in midfield. It’s not like we can’t afford these 2 even if they’re £100 mill each. With outgoing we can easily buy the best with a net spend if £150/£200mill. We also have to think about Debruyne and who will suceed him. For me FJD is the only one at the moment

Replacing Kev will be as difficult as replacing Pep :(
We haven't 'replaced' Silva yet we've not done too badly.

The interest in Bellingham made little sense in terms of the current team yet look how much we evolved during the season. He clearly had further ideas and hopefully that includes like after Kev as he was struggling to do 90 minutes most of the season

I understand where you’re coming from but I’m all for doubling down hard if we do lose these players. Spending the money wisely will yield more titles, we’re treble winners and have won arguably the hardest treble for any European team with the prem being so competitive. I for one would be going for FDJ and Davies whatever the price. I think Gavardiol and Kovo will be very good acquisitions but games are won in midfield. It’s not like we can’t afford these 2 even if they’re £100 mill each. With outgoing we can easily buy the best with a net spend if £150/£200mill. We also have to think about Debruyne and who will suceed him. For me FJD is the only one at the moment

My man!!

The way things are shaping up, we might be able to spend £300m and not flinch.

After the stratospheric highs of the Treble, the summer of transfers is shaping up to be utterly shite.

Firstly missing out on Bellingham, now a whole host of first team players seem to be on the way out; Gundo, Bernie, Laporte and now Walker.

Unless we spend pretty much all of that £294m prize money on their replacements I can’t see how we’ll be troubling a treble next season.

Hopefully at least one of Gundo or Bernie will stay. I’ll be gutted to lose Walker though, he’s fucking brilliant with that pace. As we’ve won everything this season it would have been a great opportunity to tempt the world’s best to help improve us even more, strengthen from a position of strength.
‘Strengthening from a position of strength’ is winning the league but falling short in Europe and then buying Haaland. But when we’ve already completed football, it introduces more hunger issues, so more of the squad has to be ripped up, particularly some of the longer-serving players. There is a level of success whereby we can’t just go again with the same players, with only a couple of changes. And we’re way past that threshold now. It’s just the price of success, we now have more transfer juggling to do than if we’d not been as good last season. And that same price of success will probably be evident in 2 years when Pep has similar feelings of the job being done.

If we sell walker who would we replace him with because we need a pacey right back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.