Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

Could well be the rumour about Mbappe is aimed at getting the Sterling contract deal over the line

Feel the same way, don't want to sell Raz. But if he decides not to renew his contract his replacing would definitely be Mbappe, if we could manage to sign him. :)

And that just goes to show how crazy it would be to not pay him his money, when you consider what it would take to replace him.

Sterling has developed into world class and his finished has improved ten fold.
I think he's still getting a bad rap for him 19-20's when he would more often miss sitters but the last 12 months he has taken massive steps.

I think Mbappe is more suited to a wing-forward position than central striker. I'd also cut Jesus some slack: 21 year old players are going to have peaks and troughs in form. I'm very confident in him long term.

Didn’t come across as I meant, I like Jesus. More a comment on how the club is run and long term planning for Sergio.

I hope we never voluntarily give up Sterling. His finishing is, and I believe always will be, what keeps him from being world class, but what he offers in terms of his spacing and intelligence to go along with his speed and selflessness I would never give up. He's incredible in terms of being in the right place or making the right runs for himself or to set up the play for others.

What our team is lacking right now and what will continue to hold us back in the Champions League, is that killer instinct and the ability to finish. We create so many chances but still are not clinical enough. When we play lower table teams and even sometimes vs the top 6 we create enough chances that it doesn't matter. But in Champions League against the world's best, we need to capitalize on our scoring chances at a much higher rate if we want to win that trophy.

Mbappe has proven that he can score those goals. He is the heir apparent to Messi/Ronaldo. Pep knows it and knows that Mbappe puts us closer to where we want to be. I think Pep also knows that the way we've gone about building our team with purchases in the 40-65 mil range has worked very well to build a well rounded and deep squad, but to take that next step the final touches will require us to break the bank at some point.
100 percent agree with this . We get away with the goals against lower because we create that many chances but against the big guns a player like mpappe would score them goals . As for Jesus realistically this season he should be keeping Sergio out because of his youth and him being the future. As it Is it’s lucky that Sergio is having a blinder but he can’t do it all season on his own up front .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.