Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

Second time he’s rejected them apparently
Yeah when he left Monaco it was PSG v Madrid then. But that rejection was deemed ok because he was young and maybe Madrid was too big a move then. Plus he stayed in the French league so Flo Perez understood that decision. But this rejection will sting.

I am going to disagree with people a little bit here.

Why exactly is staying at PSG “easier”? His big dream is winning the Champions League. How is it easier to win that in Paris than in Madrid? Madrid has won it countless times and always gets helped by Uefa and the powers that be. Mbappe is choosing to continue to try to win it in a team that’s never won it. He wants to be the face of the PSG team that wins it for the first time. That is a bigger challenge, to have a team built around you in that scenario, than being “another one” who wins it for Madrid. I don’t disagree that the standard of La Liga is higher than Ligue 1, but right now it looks like Madrid is going to dominate it for a couple more seasons, just like PSG.

I’m not denying that money probably did play a big part in all of this, but as for the sporting factors, his head is focused on the Champions League, the World Cup and the Euros far ahead of whatever league he’s playing, I think. And if he wins the Champions League in Paris in the time of this new contract, it will be a big deal and he will be even bigger in French football history.

In a way, Haaland also chose a bigger challenge coming to us than would have been Spain. He could also be the first to take us to Champions League glory, and standard of the league is higher.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.