Kylian Mbappé

I hope we never voluntarily give up Sterling. His finishing is, and I believe always will be, what keeps him from being world class, but what he offers in terms of his spacing and intelligence to go along with his speed and selflessness I would never give up. He's incredible in terms of being in the right place or making the right runs for himself or to set up the play for others.

What our team is lacking right now and what will continue to hold us back in the Champions League, is that killer instinct and the ability to finish. We create so many chances but still are not clinical enough. When we play lower table teams and even sometimes vs the top 6 we create enough chances that it doesn't matter. But in Champions League against the world's best, we need to capitalize on our scoring chances at a much higher rate if we want to win that trophy.

Mbappe has proven that he can score those goals. He is the heir apparent to Messi/Ronaldo. Pep knows it and knows that Mbappe puts us closer to where we want to be. I think Pep also knows that the way we've gone about building our team with purchases in the 40-65 mil range has worked very well to build a well rounded and deep squad, but to take that next step the final touches will require us to break the bank at some point.

I think Mbappe is more suited to a wing-forward position than central striker. I'd also cut Jesus some slack: 21 year old players are going to have peaks and troughs in form. I'm very confident in him long term.

Not seen enough of Mbappe to know his best position but seen enough to know that I'd love us to sign him.

I agree about Jesus, who is another City player getting unnecessary flak from our "supporters". For some reason, and maybe it is partly his fault (?), I don't think he has had enough of the right kind of service; he also needs to bag a long range effort.

I am another who wouldn't want to lose Sane or Sterling but having those two and Mbappe and Jesus to perm 3 from as a long term option would be fantastic.

I hope we never voluntarily give up Sterling. His finishing is, and I believe always will be, what keeps him from being world class, but what he offers in terms of his spacing and intelligence to go along with his speed and selflessness I would never give up. He's incredible in terms of being in the right place or making the right runs for himself or to set up the play for others.

What our team is lacking right now and what will continue to hold us back in the Champions League, is that killer instinct and the ability to finish. We create so many chances but still are not clinical enough. When we play lower table teams and even sometimes vs the top 6 we create enough chances that it doesn't matter. But in Champions League against the world's best, we need to capitalize on our scoring chances at a much higher rate if we want to win that trophy.

Mbappe has proven that he can score those goals. He is the heir apparent to Messi/Ronaldo. Pep knows it and knows that Mbappe puts us closer to where we want to be. I think Pep also knows that the way we've gone about building our team with purchases in the 40-65 mil range has worked very well to build a well rounded and deep squad, but to take that next step the final touches will require us to break the bank at some point.
Strange. Seeing as he is World Class ;)

I'm having a hard time understanding your point .

Yeah every other striker scores with every chance they have.

His conversion rate last season was considerably better than the likes of Hazard.

So was Glenn Murray's.

I’m not saying that. We all love Sterling. For me he is right below world class. You can’t say after watching last season that he doesnt have some issues infront of goal, you’d be lying to yourself.

I am not going to go as far as saying he is a product of our system because he is not. But a world class player in our system finishes with even more goals and assists.

Again, I dont want Sterling to go anywhere bi butif you are asking me ctochoose between Sterling and Mbappe I know which Im taking

I’m not saying that. We all love Sterling. For me he is right below world class. You can’t say after watching last season that he doesnt have some issues infront of goal, you’d be lying to yourself.

I am not going to go as far as saying he is a product of our system because he is not. But a world class player in our system finishes with even more goals and assists.

Again, I dont want Sterling to go anywhere bi butif you are asking me ctochoose between Sterling and Mbappe I know which Im taking
Feel the same way, don't want to sell Raz. But if he decides not to renew his contract his replacing would definitely be Mbappe, if we could manage to sign him. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.