Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it was just that lad from the BBC, whose name escapes me at the moment, but who thought Paulinho was a better player than Dinho and a lot of other people based their opinion on his. Watched Moreno a few times this season and he looked out of his depth tbh.
No it wasn't just one person, as I understand it a Brazilian player will get far more hype and attention than a young Columbian will, it's not that I'm saying one is better than the other but to deny his potential is daft when you have multiple experts picking him as one to watch. The fact he was still being mentioned alongside Gabby by many experts on South American football(which neither of us are lets be fair) should tell you the kid does have serious potential. The loan was a bad one he should have stayed with us to learn from the best coach for him with top players(Jesus got a much sweeter deal from us it's not even nearly right to compare them), Navas back to Sevilla as I said.

He's out injured(knee) last I checked but we owe the lad a proper chance for me, the loan was a bad one we have to start taking some responsibility as a club for our handling of players not just blame the player and expect them to grow/shine whatever the weather it doesn't work like that.

Last edited:
No it wasn't just one person, as I understand it a Brazilian player will get far more hype and attention than a young Columbian will. The fact he was still being mentioned by many experts on South American football should tell you the kid does have serious potential.
Possibly he does but when he's struggling to make a meaningful impact in his favoured position for Deportivo against relegation fodder in Spain, it's a pretty clear sign that he's not ready for our squad. I'd like to see him go on loan to Portugal next year tbh, it's a good league for South Americans to get acclimatised to European football.

Potential or no potential though, if he doesn't make some serious progress in the next 15 months he'll probably be behind Sancho, Foden and Diaz in the pecking order and if that's the case he'll need to find a new club, he's already miles behind Sterling, Sané and Jesus and from what I've seen he's behind Roberts as well.

Possibly he does but when he's struggling to make a meaningful impact in his favoured position for Deportivo against relegation fodder in Spain, it's a pretty clear sign that he's not ready for our squad. I'd like to see him go on loan to Portugal next year tbh, it's a good league for South Americans to get acclimatised to European football.

Potential or no potential though, if he doesn't make some serious progress in the next 15 months he'll probably be behind Sancho, Foden and Diaz in the pecking order and if that's the case he'll need to find a new club, he's already miles behind Sterling, Sané and Jesus and from what I've seen he's behind Roberts as well.
He's injured at the moment and I'm not saying he's better than G Jesus only that it's not fair to compare the two he got a much worse deal out of the two and we shouldn't make too much of a bad loan(it hasn't worked out he's better than he's shown I can see that from COPA America alone). If he had been coached by Pep this season or playing with top class players that play our style of football it would be fair to compare that as it is it's not.

He's injured at the moment and I'm not saying he's better than G Jesus only that it's not fair to compare the two he got a much worse deal out of the two, if he had been coached by Pep this season or playing with top class players that play our style of football it would be fair to compare that as it is it's not.
He's not injured now, he's on the bench right now against Barca.

He's not injured now, he's on the bench right now against Barca.
I thought he did his knee(serious injury that needed surgery) in November? Blimey he healed fast, can't have been as bad as the papers reported then looking at the Gundogan situation.

I think that was one of those that looked awful and everyone overreacted tbh.
My mistake then I didn't expect to see him for the rest of the season, as I said I saw enough in COPA America to know they aren't getting the best out of him on his loan spell, that's as much down to their coach(possibly our choice of loan too) as it is him not being able to adapt. Jesus has been well looked after and nurtured by us from day one and by comparison we just shipped him out willy-nilly and said show us what you can do, I'm not going to judge him off this loan personally.

Moreno and Mbappe are apples and oranges.

I would love to sign this kid,i think he's going to be awesome.
We all would but he's too expensive and they've no reason to sell if they don't want to, they don't need the money.

Last edited:
My mistake then I didn't expect to see him for the rest of the season, as I said I saw enough in COPA America to know they aren't getting the best out of him on his loan spell, that's as much down to their coach(possibly our choice of loan too) as it is him not being able to adapt. Jesus has been well looked after by us from day one and by comparison we just shipped him out willy-nilly and said show us what you can do, I'm not going to judge him off this loan personally.
I'm not passing final judgement on him, just saying he needs to show considerably more than he has done. You might have a point with the coached by Guardiola thing tbf, my biggest problem with him is his in game decision making, he's far too happy running down blind alleys when there's a pass on or trying to play balls that won't be successful more than one time in a million. There's definitely something there in pace and technique, just a complete and abject lack of end product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.