Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point we have to stop RM from buying the very best players when they come onto the market. There's a long history of them cherry picking the best players every summer - we need to compete with them however difficult it is and however much we may have to pay - until we start to sign some of the worlds best when they come on to the market we will never be consistently in the last 4 of the CL. We are I believe doing all we can to get Mbappe but few including me think we have a chance against RM but we do have Pep who must be a pull. As we saw with Isco - not only are RM a pull in their own right but they have lost none of the dirty tricks they learned in the Franco era (De Steffano anyone?) and were obviously prepared to make illegal payments to Isco's father to secure the deal. RM are clearly in for Mbappe but they could be distracted by Hazard - which is the win win scenario for us but Hazard doesn't look like he's looking for a move this summer - we just have to hope his agent fancies a huge windfall.

Hope Arsenal get him.

They buy him, we buy Alexis thus part funding their move for him. He stays there about 4 years adapting to the league and naturally improving, he will do very well but they are still Arsenal so won't be a threat. Then when his deal has a year left on it we can buy him to replace Alexis.

Do it Arsene :)

If we are to believe that Arsenal have had an £87m bid rejected for Mbappe, I cannot see why we would even consider competing for his signature.

Last summer, £40m seemed to be the new £25m, and this summer it would appear that the inflation will markedly rise once more.

Whilst it's seemingly absurd to think of £43m as cheap, I am quite astonished that we managed to acquire Bernardo Silva's services for such a low fee.

I think the world record for a transfer fee may be broken again this summer.

Interesting that apparently Jardim's been offered an enormous salary to go and manage in China. He hasn't signed the new deal Monaco have offered him and is stalling. They fear he's gonna take the China job. I suspect if they lose Jardim along with Mendy, Silva, Bakayoko, and Fabinho, it's hard to envisage why Mbappe stays.

I also think it's interesting that both Mbappe's people and Monaco are actively talking to people who want to buy Mbappe. Not the actions of people who intend to spend another year in Monaco. I could be wrong but I get the feeling he's going to move this summer.

If we are to believe that Arsenal have had an £87m bid rejected for Mbappe, I cannot see why we would even consider competing for his signature.

Last summer, £40m seemed to be the new £25m, and this summer it would appear that the inflation will markedly rise once more.

Whilst it's seemingly absurd to think of £43m as cheap, I am quite astonished that we managed to acquire Bernardo Silva's services for such a low fee.

I think the world record for a transfer fee may be broken again this summer.

If City were to buy him, I'd be surprised and delighted if they hadn't paid a world record fee to get him.

At this point, City could consider buying him and loaning him back to Monaco for a season.

Interesting that apparently Jardim's been offered an enormous salary to go and manage in China. He hasn't signed the new deal Monaco have offered him and is stalling. They fear he's gonna take the China job. I suspect if they lose Jardim along with Mendy, Silva, Bakayoko, and Fabinho, it's hard to envisage why Mbappe stays.

I also think it's interesting that both Mbappe's people and Monaco are actively talking to people who want to buy Mbappe. Not the actions of people who intend to spend another year in Monaco. I could be wrong but I get the feeling he's going to move this summer.

I would imagine that his agents/advisers would be telling him to make a move especially with the money on offer at the moment who knows what kind of season he would have next and especially with all the players that could well be out of the door at Monaco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.