Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing in this actually answered the question - what part of our transfer business to date makes you think we are going to be outmanouvered? I suppose it's easier to just complain about other people daring to ask you about the basis for your comments than actually answer those questions!

The article even says Pep has another defender lined up if VVD either goes elsewhere or the move is called off because of his injury. It also says we might get both Mbappé and Van Dijk, so to focus on the third option, we get neither, is quite bizarre to me.

It doesn't say City have another central defender lined up, it says "Yet there is a possibility that City may yet decide not to sign a centre-back at all in the coming months, should they decide to go all in for Mbappe" and then it says we can sign van Dijk or another defender.

So basically it says the top centreback target isn't as important to Pep as Sanchez and Mbappe is, he isn't even part of the 5 priority targets, he can just go for another centreback later if this doesn't work.

Now, your first question "what part of our transfer business to date makes you think we are going to be outmanouvered", it's our business last year to begin with. We were getting Laporte, we were so sure of it and he changed his mind at the last minute and we had to play most of the season with Stones-Otamendi. We all know how that ended. See, shit happens even when you're so sure about everything.

Pep loves an attacking player apparently we foregone a fullback or 2 to get Sane and a wise choice too. So a centre back or another striker or attacking player?

Pep loves an attacking player apparently we foregone a fullback or 2 to get Sane and a wise choice too. So a centre back or another striker or attacking player?

Well, one more good centreback would sort things out in defence since Kompany's fitness could still be in question, and I think that should be a priority since defence (and shit goalkeeping) was a major problem this year. They could still work on Sanchez and Mbappe if they can but delaying the defence when there's obviously a need for a CB isn't the best strategy in my opinion.

Unless he decides to give Mangala another shot. He turned Boateng into a world class ball playing defender, maybe he can coach him too.

Last edited:
Well, one more good centreback would sort things out in defence since Kompany's fitness could still be in question, and I think that should be a priority since defence (and shit goalkeeping) was a major problem this year. They could still work on Sanchez and Mbappe if they can but delaying the defence when there's obviously a need for a CB isn't the best strategy in my opinion.

Unless he decides to give Mangala another shot. He turned Boateng into a world class ball playing defender, maybe he can coach him too.

I dont know kompany was out the majority of the season and the amount of goals we let in wasnt that much more like the chances we squandered was the problem so another striker it is

Stones is just ticking the homegrown box.Whoever scouted him did a poor job. If we listed him tomorrow who would be knocking on our door ??????

I wonder if pep thinks the same you can just imagine Pep saying "Ok who can we get just to fill a home grown spot lets so maximum £50 million just because we can oh that stones lad will do"..............

Stones is just ticking the homegrown box.Whoever scouted him did a poor job. If we listed him tomorrow who would be knocking on our door ??????

You must be watching a different player to me. Some mistakes due to his age and the exposed nature of his role under Pep, but he's a talented boy. Would you rather have Rojo or Jones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.