Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dembele played better yesterday but the more intelligent one was Mbappe. I agree with Callum Ramsey that he might not be a once in s generation player. Its hard to judge those things. But he is pretty fanned phenomenal.

Oh while I'm at the truth, I know this isn't going to be popular, but Pogba looked pretty fanned fantastic too. I know many here pretend he is shit (in fairness, most do), but for my money I believe he is good g to be one of those problems we'd have to deal with for a long time.

Hope we can get Mbappe on board. Lets give them something to worry about too. :)

Dembele played better yesterday but the more intelligent one was Mbappe. I agree with Callum Ramsey that he might not be a once in s generation player. Its hard to judge those things. But he is pretty fanned phenomenal.

Oh while I'm at the truth, I know this isn't going to be popular, but Pogba looked pretty fanned fantastic too. I know many here pretend he is shit (in fairness, most do), but for my money I believe he is good g to be one of those problems we'd have to deal with for a long time.

Hope we can get Mbappe on board. Lets give them something to worry about too. :)
Don't do that mate I was once flamed by like 10 people here for praising Pogba. You cannot praise Utd's player cause that'd make you a rag apparently.

Outside of Juventus and PSG where he got 1 goal in 3 games. What top class defence has he come against. He played and scored against a city team with stones and otamendi (team's worst defensive pairing) at the back and a dortmund defence with players you'd struggle to name besides that all his other goals has been against ligue 1 teams. He's very talented and I've noted that in almost every post I've made about him, but there's a difference between that talent translating into consistent performances over several seasons. I hesitate to go over the board about any young player regardless of how talented they look off the back off 1 good season especially if its their breakthrough one as I've seen far too many times how quickly things can change in their second seasons once teams are more aware of their strengths and what moves and play they tend to favor and make thus make adjustments for. I was like that with kane and alli a couple of seasons ago and Martial 2 seasons ago where he was the one getting the same kind of appraise from the media and fans that Mbappe is getting now. I happen to consider top class players those who've done it at a consistent level for several seasons against top class opposition hence why I listed gotze as the only young player probably of the last decade who could genuinely be labelled top class and a 'once in a generation' talent when he was just 19.
This kind of argument doesn't work though. He scored against Juventuss. A team no one else could score against until he did. He scored against Dortmund, against City.

Saying he didn't play any top defense isn't a legitimate argument for me, he played 5 top teams and scored against 4 of them. That is a pass with flying colors under any rule. No granular analysis or reduction needed. At 18 he is a fantastic Striker. And likely to only get better.

The over hype is a function of him being this good this young. And it is based on smarts, technique and movement ( rather than say strictly speed or unusual ). So the likelihood of success is very high.

I am often ashamed to say it, but its not even close. Mbappe by a mile.
For me too. Mbappe over anyone. Only injury can stop him, and the team he signs for being the best in their league. Unfortunately, I think he'll just sit and wait for Real Madrid.

Don't do that mate I was once flamed by like 10 people here for praising Pogba. You cannot praise Utd's player cause that'd make you a rag apparently.

Pogba is a good player. 90 million though to basically put him in midfield and tell him to watch the ball being hoofed over his head up to Fellaini or a speedy young lad on the wing.
He looked good in a french team that tried to play football. But the England midfield let him have free reign too. He had far too much space and time.

Hopefully Mourinho will keep frustrating the shit out of him next season, because he's a lot better than the use they've got out of him.

Well though Pogba played he was up against very poor opponents. England's midfield was about as weak as I can ever remember.

For me too. Mbappe over anyone. Only injury can stop him, and the team he signs for being the best in their league. Unfortunately, I think he'll just sit and wait for Real Madrid.
He will. But a fanned good consplation price could have been Dembele. He was a 15 million buy last year :(

Glad we didn't sign Pogba he looks good when given space but lost in Prem League

Would be absolutely giddy if we signed Mbappe, watch his style and you cannot help but see what a player he currently is and what a player he will become.

He will. But a fanned good consplation price could have been Dembele. He was a 15 million buy last year :(
France were very impressive. I read that Bayern are buying a French midfielder from Lyon so it looks like they have another good young team coming through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.