Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is that not a legitimate argument. It wasn't to say he's not talented but rather just to add a bit of context to his exploits. he played 4 teams of which the only two I consider to have top defences he got just 1 goal in three games though to be fair its not all his fault. I consider both city and dortmund great attacking sides but not overall teams especially ones with top defences. Surely you can understand that. As for the hype, I won't get too much into it but as I've said already I consider him a very intelligent player off the ball way beyond his years and technically sufficient but as an all-rounded player I still consider both jesus and dembele as more talented than him that's why I don't but into this buy at all costs mentality and even messi level comparisons that some have stated
Mbappe is going to be one of the stars in World football. i think Jesus can be. And Sane. But Mbappe is the most likely of them all. Could well be a victim of hype but every time I have seen him, he's had some special moments. The one game I wish I had seen was Juventus v Monaco. I saw bits but I was caught between 2 games. That would have been a real test and told us a lot

Mbappe is going to be one of the stars in World football. i think Jesus can be. And Sane. But Mbappe is the most likely of them all. Could well be a victim of hype but every time I have seen him, he's had some special moments. The one game I wish I had seen was Juventus v Monaco. I saw bits but I was caught between 2 games. That would have been a real test and told us a lot

I have no doubt that barring a bad injury or a bad loss of form(i.e being sussed out), he is on course to be a world class player probably top 5 strikers in world football if he reaches his full potential. I'm not that blind not to see his obvious talent and qualities and what he did last season in those champions league knockout games were truly something else for someone at just 18. I just think both jesus and dembele already have more to their game that once they reach their full potential they are imo more likely to be talked as all time greats than Mbappe. He would still be a catch for any top team but when some are arguing that its not even debatable to think of sanchez as a better purchase than him especially for this current city side. That's when you get into ridiculous overhype territory.

MBappe over Sanchez for me. Not even debatable. Could be our number 9 for 10+ years.

c7NJRa2.gif

We must have been watching different games. Like I said Mbappe was very good but if any player was different class it was dembele. In fact I thought he looked the more talented player aswel when they faced each other in the champions league. If there was any young player the team should go all in for it would be him imo.

Respectfully disagree. He's great, but mbappe brilliant.

We must have been watching different games. Like I said Mbappe was very good but if any player was different class it was dembele. In fact I thought he looked the more talented player aswel when they faced each other in the champions league. If there was any young player the team should go all in for it would be him imo.

Mbappe vs. Dembele is a classic debate of "guy who could be the best in the world if he fixes his faults" vs. "guy who could be best in the world if he keeps doing what he's doing".

Speak to a Dortmund fan and they'll tell you Dembele is incredibly frustrating, because he has all the talent in the world but doesn't make it count in the final third enough. He doesn't get enough goals, doesn't get enough assists. He's still 20, so if he fixes that then he could be the best in the world, but Mbappé is delivering the hard stuff already. He's getting the goals, the assists, the big contributions to decide games.

There's stuff Mbappé needs to improve on, but the hardest part, sticking the ball in the back of the net nearly every game, that's already there, and if he only ever keeps doing that, and doesn't improve the rest of his game - he's still going to be one of the best players in the world so he's a much sounder investment.

Particularly for us as we already have Sterling and Sané in a similar "if they start scoring more goals" scenario.

Kaveh Solhekol‏Verified account @SkyKaveh 6m6 minutes ago
Meeting today between Kylian Mbappé & his advisers and Monaco. Real Madrid want him. World record deal would be part funded by Morata sale

That would make a lot of sense from Real's perspective.

Rip the rags off for Morata, sign Mbappe for effectively half what he would cost us, because they are getting rid of a player they don't really want, for ridiculous money, to a bunch of morons.

I watch Mbappe and dream of Jadon Sancho having the same impact at City; I don't mean a straight comparison but in terms of a young talented, exciting prospect that is already at our club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.