Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god you are not in charge

The only thing we can offer that real can't is pep. Mbappe can earn silly amounts wherever he goes, money won't be the decider in this transfer. Nobody likes cold British winters after all and it's an easy life in Madrid compared to the slog it will be over here, just trying to be realistic.

If this is on then we need to blow RM out of the water whatever it takes , even if it takes £200mill, and I'll give you my reason. I'm not saying this because I'm trying yo spend someone else's money, it could even be argued that we don't really need him just at the moment.
You only have to look through this thread to see that a lot of our fans seem to have an inferiority complex when it comes to going head to head with RM to sign players. It is so for a reason and it needs to change. That reason is that although we are a rich club, our image and status needs to catch up. In short we need an "Aguerooooo" moment in the transfer market. We need players, fans and clubs alike to sit up and take notice. We need the clubs to fear us, and the players to respect us and take us seriously when we come calling. Not only will this signing propel us to a different level in terms of playing ability but it will announce us as serious players in the hierarchy of European clubs. I know we still have to win the CL but a transfer made against the odds like this one would be priceless.
You are silly.
But I like you.

The only thing we can offer that real can't is pep. Mbappe can earn silly amounts wherever he goes, money won't be the decider in this transfer. Nobody likes cold British winters after all and it's an easy life in Madrid compared to the slog it will be over here, just trying to be realistic.

Not necessarily true, of course Pep is a big pull but there are other reasons too. We have a younger squad with more players in and around his age who he's more likely to get on with for the next 10 years; Jesus, Sane, Sterling, Bernardo, Mendy, Stones etc...We also have two of his former teammates in Mendy and Silva, with Mendy being someone he's particularly close with.

You can argue also the league over here is more entertaining, more competitive, more watched and throughout the years has seen plenty of his countryman play here and are still playing here.

Whilst I think Real are favourites, I think there are few reasons why he could choose us.

Thank god you are not in charge
Don't think us offering more money than Madrid will make any difference...If Mbappe wants Madrid that's where he will go.

I don't think we need to get into a willy waving contest with Madrid to demonstrate anything in the transfer market.
We have demonstrated plenty down the years. Robinho, Tevez, Aguero Debruyne even Jesus, Nasri etc.
Although I'd love the player I'm struggling to see where he would fit in next season if we get Sanchez.
Personally I'd rather go all out for a 'name' next season and get a team /squad this one.

If this was a 10 mill transfer he'd still want Madrid.
Thanks for those replies. They actually demonstrate exactly what I'm trying to point out, i.e the fact that people are prepared to give way and surrender without a fight as soon as they see RM,Barca,Bayern riding over the horizon, and that you have settled for City being second tier and second best. This is coming from people who are fans and are emotionally invested in the club and you would think would want to see City in the top tier of football clubs. If you think like that, why wouldn't every player in the world think like that as well. If we want to progress to the next level, the level we to which we truly aspire then this is the statement we have to make. Otherwise we will always be doffing our cap to the likes of the big 3 and giving them first refusal on every world class player that comes onto the market. If we want to be a big club, we have to think like a big club. We need to face down one of these big clubs and announce our arrival, we did it in the Prem by paying over the odds in fees and wages and in my opinion now is the time to do it on a Europe level. If we don't then we will always be just short, on a par with Juve, PSG, United and Chelsea etc but always in awe of RM, Barca and Bayern.

2608vbn.png

Last edited:
Thanks for those replies. They actually demonstrate exactly what I'm trying to point out, i.e the fact that people are prepared to give way and surrender without a fight as soon as they see RM,Barca,Bayern riding over the horizon, and that you have settled for City being second tier and second best. This is coming from people who are fans and are emotionally invested in the club and you would think would want to see City in the top tier of football clubs. If you think like that, why wouldn't every player in the world think like that as well. If we want to progress to the next level, the level we to which we truly aspire then this is the statement we have to make. Otherwise we will always be doffing our cap to the likes of the big 3 and giving them first refusal on every world class player that comes onto the market. If we want to be a big club, we have to think like a big club. We need to face down one of these big clubs and announce our arrival, we did it in the Prem by paying over the odds in fees and wages and in my opinion now is the time to do it on a Europe level. If we don't then we will always be just short, on a par with Juve, PSG, United and Chelsea etc but always in awe of RM, Barca and Bayern.

Nothing to do with giving up...Mbappe decides where he wants to go not Monaco

We can offer Mendy and Bernardo as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.