Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminded myself why he is so special...great to see out other lads in the clips too....

Because it's boderline insanity to be spending that kind of money on a single player that isn't Messi or Neymar. Even if this guy turns out to be the next Henry, he's still largely unproven and there's no way of telling whether he'll keep progressing as he's not a finished product, unlike those two others.
That said, he seems to be somewhat of a special player but the price tag isn't really justified and better value can be had for such a ludicrous amount of cash.
Think Gabriel Jesus times 6.

Oh, I fully agree. I don't think we should be looking for value in the market though - we should be after quality. Obviously if the same quality is available for less money, that's the sensible call, but we should always try and buy the best players if they're available.

Otherwise we'd have bought Chicharito.

Will never understand fans/supporters getting upset over a fee. Who the hell cares.... Is it because the media or supporters of others clubs are bothered by it? Why care? They willl find other things to beat us with if we don't pay the fee. It'll be, "Snubbed for Real" or something else. "money can't buy success" ect. Spend 800 mil and throw it in their faces as far as Im concerned

Looks promising.
Will agreeing price be done quickly e.g. Silva or take longer eg Mendy.

At least both clubs have discussed and concluded transfers this summer between us so that's a positive.

Will never understand fans/supporters getting upset over a fee. Who the hell cares.... Is it because the media or supporters of others clubs are bothered by it? Why care? They willl find other things to beat us with if we don't pay the fee. It'll be, "Snubbed for Real" or something else. "money can't buy success" ect. Spend 800 mil and throw it in their faces as far as Im concerned
Mixed feelings for me. Like pulling smart birds when you're a shit-looking old fart but stinking rich. You'd enjoy it sure enough but it wouldn't be a great personal achievement.

Establishing a new world record transfer fee seems mad but to me it makes absolute perfect sense when viewed through the lens of City's project to be the leading and dominant force in world football.
As supporters, we focus on the league, trophies and Europe while supporting our favourites... but the goal for the CFG is much more than that.
Messi and Ronaldo have been the gold standard for World Class players... but their reign will be coming to an end soon and the next best things are yet to reveal themselves. It makes perfect sense to me that City wants that player- a sort who will be in the running for the Ballon D'Or for several years to come- to be plying his trade at The Etihad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.