Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
After what Pep said after the West Ham game, if we didnt make another 1 or 2 signings that will improve our side then we will have completely dropped a bollock.

We have let go of so many players already. We have replaced the outgoing full backs well with the new incomings, but from all of these outgoings such as Fernando, Nolito, Navas and Iheanacho we have only brought in Bernardo Silva to bolster the midfield/attack. It also looks as though Delph, Bony, Nasri and Mangala will be shown the door as well with Zinchenko and Roberts out on loan. If we were to ship all of these players out and not buy a few more, it would be absolute lunacy and I am sure even Pep knows that. City need to really push on to add extra quality to the ranks or else we could go from having a really strong squad to a really threadbare squad within a matter of weeks.

I struggle to see how the Nike theory is working for PSG tbh. They are already Nike club and have several very marketable top placers from PSG under their sponsorship, including absolute star in Neymar. They'll have more than enough of marketing exposure to anyone following PSG. Shirt sales doesn't have logic too as Neymar will fill the huge percentage of it anyway. Mbappe might be great and French but he's nowhere near Neymar in anything including marketability.

On other side, we're their club too and don't have many marketable players under their sponsorship. We play in the most watched league in the world, we are currently in the state of the enormous potential both on and off the pitch and they lost rags to Adidas recently. It would be nothing less than pure logic to raise our marketability by eventually pushing Mbappe to us and he'd sell much more City shirts than PSG's as they already got their absolute star this summer.

The single reason I could eventually see in this theory that would push Nike to do Mbappe for PSG is that we are due to new shirt contract with them. Mbappe would eventually give us stronger position to negotiate better contract with them.

If Roberts does go on loan we need to get Mbappe/Sanchez in ASAP.
How does Roberts going anywhere affect our decision to buy alexis
Roberts is no way close to even starting imo
He looked Wc in Scottish league but he isn't I don't think we did a mistake should have send him to laliga
Foden I believe has more potential

Just spotted this, it's been posted today:

https://www.footballwhispers.com/bl...-week?utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=mc-433

(Kylian Mbappé’s father will meet with Pep Guardiola this week as Manchester Cityattempt to sign Monaco’s teenage sensation, Football Whispers can reveal.)

Undated, unfounded, un-sourced, 'un-good' site!?! But hey-ho, the moods so low it's quite nice to read something positive even if it probably is total bullfuckingshit!!!

They probably got it off here

How does Roberts going anywhere affect our decision to buy alexis
Roberts is no way close to even starting imo
He looked Wc in Scottish league but he isn't I don't think we did a mistake should have send him to laliga
Foden I believe has more potential

Clearly my post means that if Roberts leaves we need a replacement ASAP since we have only 4 true forwards
No where did I say he would be a starter, he's a depth option who will get gametime just like how Pep has done in the past when he's had Messi/Pedro/Villa/Alexis and still gave time to Cuenca/Tello
Foden has high potential, but he's no where close to being as good as Roberts at the moment

At least it would hurt less than transfer to Madrid. The bookies' odds are still in Madrid's favour though.

After what Pep said after the West Ham game, if we didnt make another 1 or 2 signings that will improve our side then we will have completely dropped a bollock.

We have let go of so many players already. We have replaced the outgoing full backs well with the new incomings, but from all of these outgoings such as Fernando, Nolito, Navas and Iheanacho we have only brought in Bernardo Silva to bolster the midfield/attack. It also looks as though Delph, Bony, Nasri and Mangala will be shown the door as well with Zinchenko and Roberts out on loan. If we were to ship all of these players out and not buy a few more, it would be absolute lunacy and I am sure even Pep knows that. City need to really push on to add extra quality to the ranks or else we could go from having a really strong squad to a really threadbare squad within a matter of weeks.

Squad was too big. Far too much dead wood. Pep would farther work with 20 quality players than 25 average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.