Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange we've done business with Monaco twice and the warning to UEFA was understood to be at us and PSG.. Was that Monaco's way of saying back off... it's Real or nothing and they feel either might turn the players head?

Strange we've done business with Monaco twice and the warning to UEFA was understood to be at us and PSG.. Was that Monaco's way of saying back off... it's Real or nothing and they feel either might turn the players head?

Understood by Sky Sports, enough said.

In a squad as small as 20, it takes a handful of absentees before the majority of the bench is filled with kids that aren't ready. No team in the country is going to be happy with just a 20 man squad. This isn't about giving kids a chance, the kids Pep thinks are good enough will be handed a place in the squad and counted. Even if you assume all the kids taken on tour are included in the squad along with a third keeper, so Foden,Diaz,Tosin and Muric/Grimshaw and we leave out the players Pep considers deadwood that still only leaves us with around 23, the squad is undoubtedly lacking 1/2 bodies.
At least we are ahead of Chelski in this regard. Still plenty of time left. However, I hope we don't have a panic buying spree during the last few hours of the window.

Pep must of had permission from Monaco to speak to him Shirley

Was it ever confirmed that Monaco's warning was aimed at us as well, or was that just press speculation? I still think they'd much prefer to sell to us than PSG.

Was it ever confirmed that Monaco's warning was aimed at us as well, or was that just press speculation? I still think they'd much prefer to sell to us than PSG.
There is that. Of course there is the fact we are trusted payers. :P

I'm not convinced it was aimed at us because City had clearly been talking to Monaco about Mbappe and I doubt Pep would have met him without Monaco's permission.

I'm not convinced it was aimed at us because City had clearly been talking to Monaco about Mbappe and I doubt Pep would have met him without Monaco's permission.
Would have thought it was maybe aimed at Liverpool as it would be their usual way to deal with transfers and would piss off Monaco...

I don't know if Monaco's threats were aimed particularly specifically at us, but we do seem to have been one of the clubs involved, it was reported by several outlets including the BBC who don't generally report unsourced stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.