Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Rumour going about last week of us and madrid meeting to agree not to spend over x-amount of millions so the price stays the better side of ridiculous. If theres some truth might this PSG interest be a ploy to call our bluffs and get both clubs to up the price.

2. Madrid say Bale stays and no bid from them til next season. Could be the PSG rumours are a ploy to keep a two horse race going and keep the price nice and high.

3. Its all bullshit and PSG (or some PSG fan) just blowing hot air as per usual twitter shite.

Either way. Hope we are defo in for him and we're the only dog left in the hunt. We'd be unreal and make a seismograph smashing statement...

tenor.gif

The fee is amortised over the length of the contact, so on a five year deal that would be £30m/yr. Add wages, say at least £250k/wk, and the deal is worth £43m/yr. They would need to finance this in addition to the £80m/yr for Neymar and £18m/yr for Alves. That's about £140m/yr on top of what they were already spending and before taking into account improved wages for their existing players.

There's no way in hell that they'll be able to justify this to UEFA. It will be very interesting if it does happen though, because these world-class players could find themselves trapped in Ligue 1 without Champions League football.

Amortised you say ?? So how does that work and how is it counted for ffp ?

I'm just not sure if Khaldoon will sanction a £100m plus deal. Seems massively fanciful to me.
If that's the case then I hope we're doing something behind the scenes to sign somebody of real quality up front because as it stands we're leaving ourselves short and reliant on a couple of players remaining fit/free from suspension for the season.
I don't see the Sanchez deal happening so hopefully there's another option that's been kept under wraps.

Nothing will happen. At all.

I admire your scepticism, but FFP is a web of bullshit. There are clauses that allow UEFA to punish clubs that don't act in good faith and try to inflate income through linked companies or organisations. We were done in by this previously, as we're PSG. And the repeat offender penalties are significant (not just a measly £50m fine)!

If it were so simple to circumvent then PSG could pay the release clause of Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Bale, et al. They really are the only club with a bottomless pit of money. They could spend £10bln without batting an eyelid.

fucking hell, there's more talk about ffp (hoping someone fails it) here then on ragcafe, rawk or arsenalmania. Sad and pathetic.

Amortised you say ?? So how does that work and how is it counted for ffp ?

Like a company's balance sheet and profit & loss accounts. The club has income (from tv deals, sponsorships, etc) and expenditure (wages, amortised fees, debt payments, etc). In any year the club can only incur losses of up to about £30m.

fucking hell, there's more talk about ffp (hoping someone fails it) here then on ragcafe, rawk or arsenalmania. Sad and pathetic.
Still got another £150 mill burning peps pocket to fuck,until the wankers at UEFA start sniffing around.

Still got another £150 mill burning peps pocket to fuck,until the wankers at UEFA start sniffing around.

I'm fine with 500 mil. more but it's unbelievable Jeff how much lot of City fans are talking about PSG and FFP. From all fans, we, who suffered from FFP and which robbed us for at least 2 titles so far. I never thought I'd see this shit here.

So if Arsenal or man Utd failed FFP you wouldn't smile? You are mistaking discussions about its implications with arguments for and against it. We spent a year discussing whether City would get sanctioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.