Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet. I'm sure they're argue that signing Neymar and Mbappe would boost the club's earning potential considerably.
Yes, but they need some massive commercial sponsorships to do that. I doubt French TV money is signifcant

I do think the value narrative is just a negotiating tactic.

You should never reveal your hand in poker and it's interesting to note that City briefed SKY about not bidding/or at the asking price, simply because our hand would be less strengthened if there was a confirmation of tapping up.

Hi TH regarding our perception of the players ability to be a financial success with City.

Is it fair to say that there will be a max value we place on the player, call it value if you like, which for obvious reasons we feel we would not get an increase in profits for or do we gamble and go for broke then work harder to achieve previous projected profits ?

You know my thoughts, Sanchez gives us more of a guarantee this season to win immediately?

There is still the unknown with regards Mbappe's ability to be able to do that, regardless of me believing he is the next superstar.

You can see why it must also be a real dilemma for City.

If we could box-off Mbappe for next year and instead, use that money to buy Sanchez and someone like VVD, right now, I would take that.

Similarly, if we only have one shot at Mbappe, we must take our chance right now.

I think City may be thinking the other way though.

Pay for Mbappe now, spend nought on Sanchez and have both come next Summer.

So much forum talk about so little action. Nothing substantial about Mbappe or San hez signing for us whatsoever. It's become very tiresome, to quote the song, 'Same as it ever was'.

I'm not sure why you think profits need to grow each year. There are no dividends to pay and share price to be concerned with.
All that matters is revenue growth is sufficient to cover future expenditure. The tv deal, sponsorship uplifts and the on-going lucrative sales of players like Nacho and Mooy more than covers our transfer activities.

Fair points but our owner has bought us as an investment which usually means increasing profits in any other sector that he invests in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.