Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it is now I'd rather we spent big om Mbpappe rather than Sanchez. Can't see both coming in unless there's one player leaving for a big sum. That can only be one name and he's a player I want to stay with our squad. But if we don't get any of the two without them going somewhere else before the window closes, I'm fine with that.

I understand it as the G14 run football and they are interested in starting a rival competition which means same teams compete for same pot every year and money stays with same clubs

And therefore, UEFA do favours for them, like FFP.

They will screw PSG into the dark ages if they find they've broken the rules, especially after taking a player from Barca.

So it would be basically suicide for PSG or City, to break the rules. But by all accounts, not necessary anyhow.

I really meant abandon the business plan which seems to require year on year profit increase.
To just eat into our projected next year profits and shall we say not make a loss next accounts may not be ideal.

I can see we may have a plan to attract more income that way but surely there comes a point in terms of transfer cost where no player is capable of proving his worth by generating more profit.
I'm not sure why you think profits need to grow each year. There are no dividends to pay and share price to be concerned with.
All that matters is revenue growth is sufficient to cover future expenditure. The tv deal, sponsorship uplifts and the on-going lucrative sales of players like Nacho and Mooy more than covers our transfer activities.

I am sure Guardiola knows the framework we are operating in.
And the club won't have let Pep woo him if they're not willing to pay.

If we don't get him, it won't be for lack of trying, or because the club aren't willing to pay the big bucks.

Should they be fearing a particular omission due to their spending? And if so, how far are we from the safety line?
I don't know about City.

I think the cost of Neymar and Mbappe is £350m in transfer fees which is you spread over 5 year contract is £70m per annum. They then have wags to find which very roughly based on what we read would be £30m, so making a ballpark £100m per annum.

So to finance these in FFP terms they need roughly £100m per year. I don't know what their current surplus is but I doubt it is anything approaching £100m.

In 2014, UEFA wrote down the value of the sponsorship they received from the Qatari state so there's a limit to self sponsorship. Qatar is also facing commercial isolation at present which might affect the willingness of business who wants to associate with their flagship club. Man Utd's Chevrolet deal, which might be a benchmark generates £50m pa for utd.
Buying Neymar seemed feasible to me. I don't know how they go about financing this. It sounds like a significant problem to me, but I am not that knowledgeable about this stuff.

I like it when you calm me. im hoping that's all true too. The alternative ... well.

You know my thoughts, Sanchez gives us more of a guarantee this season to win immediately?

There is still the unknown with regards Mbappe's ability to be able to do that, regardless of me believing he is the next superstar.

You can see why it must also be a real dilemma for City.

If we could box-off Mbappe for next year and instead, use that money to buy Sanchez and someone like VVD, right now, I would take that.

Similarly, if we only have one shot at Mbappe, we must take our chance right now.

I don't know about City.

I think the cost of Neymar and Mbappe is £350m in transfer fees which is you spread over 5 year contract is £70m per annum. They then have wags to find which very roughly based on what we read would be £30m, so making a ballpark £100m per annum.

So to finance these in FFP terms they need roughly £100m per year. I don't know what their current surplus is but I doubt it is anything approaching £100m.
Not yet. I'm sure they're argue that signing Neymar and Mbappe would boost the club's earning potential considerably.

As it is now I'd rather we spent big om Mbpappe rather than Sanchez. Can't see both coming in unless there's one player leaving for a big sum. That can only be one name and he's a player I want to stay with our squad. But if we don't get any of the two without them going somewhere else before the window closes, I'm fine with that.
Me too. If we do walk away with the £100m in our back pocket, I'd cast a look at VVD situation and I'd also see if we can't change Sancho's mind. We have 2 central strikers, and he's the potential back-up. from what I saw on CityTV last season he is as good as Foden and Diaz, and I think those two are going to be big players for City in the next couple of seasons

I don't know about City.

In 2014, UEFA wrote down the value of the sponsorship they received from the Qatari state so there's a limit to self sponsorship. Qatar is also facing commercial isolation at present which might affect the willingness of business who wants to associate with their flagship club. Man Utd's Chevrolet deal, which might be a benchmark generates £50m pa for utd.
Buying Neymar seemed feasible to me. I don't know how they go about financing this. It sounds like a significant problem to me, but I am not that knowledgeable about this stuff.

In 2014 UEFA found that PSG's deal with Qatar Tourism Authority (QTA) exceeded fair market value, which led to a fine for falling foul of FFP. In 2016, the Paris club signed a renewed deal with QTA for 175 million euros a year.

You know my thoughts, Sanchez gives us more of a guarantee this season to win immediately?

There is still the unknown with regards Mbappe's ability to be able to do that, regardless of me believing he is the next superstar.

You can see why it must also be a real dilemma for City.

If we could box-off Mbappe for next year and instead, use that money to buy Sanchez and someone like VVD, right now, I would take that.

Similarly, if we only have one shot at Mbappe, we must take our chance right now.
Are we still at the table for VVD? I thought we had pulled out long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.