Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't. They are doing exactly what we do, use their finances to better their squad. Fair fucks to them.
Thing that annoys me ..as much as I'm happy with players we've bought past and present ..we just never seem able to buy these 'superstars' if you like,whenever we're linked with them. Add to that the 'Peps got the full backing and he'll be given what's needed to take us to where we want to be' ..gonna sound ungrateful and greedy as fk now but.. clearly that's not the case if we are going to stutter at X price and X price,etc.. Madrid do it,Barca have done it and clearly PSG are doing it.

But yeah ..getting my tin hat out now

They were doing exactly the same buying young players with potential to play for them for years, so I don't see your point except not being objective.. Areola, Drexler, Marquinos, Rabiot, Veratti, Kurzawa, Neymar, Pastore, Moura, Kimpembe.. all bought in early 20s, most below 25 even now and all except Neymar and Moura took a part in their opening game this season. And that is the reason why they spent less than us in last two years - because they were buying pretty good earlier and had less transfer errors than us. They had less Nastasics, Savics, Mangalas and Bonys who we were buying and replacing next summer and had space to take a pause and come back big like they are doing this summer and hopefully something we'll be able to do after this summer. Overall, they spent 300m less than us in last 10 years and are at about the same level so I don't see what right we have to watch under our noses at them, either football or finance related.

And yeah, I'm bit raggish in wanting us to buy all best players if we can, but I'm certainly not raggish in wanting FFP to help us in that. I hope FFP rot in hell.
Why are you dancing around the subject of Neymar's ridiculous fee trying to lump it in with the others... did I mention their other signings? There was nothing wrong with those signings really, this last one changes things a bit(yes there's a good few years in him being only 25 but there's no way he's worth that, as much as I do rate him and think he would have been great next to Jesus). Seems like you are really trying to go out of your way to justify it(giving a total over 10 years to say it's ok... come off it!) but there's no point really, it can't be done and again I disagree with your sentiments it's the needy buy everyone at all costs rags of old behaviour that I'm noticing recently that has me shaking my head.

Last edited:
None bar Sane, Jesus, Aguero and Sterling will play across the front Three/two.

'No forwards' is reference to not sign another one.
Realistly what forward would you want us to sign who would be happy to sit on the bench until/if sergio and jesus got injured?

Sanchez made sense as hes arguably the best player in the league. Mbappe personally I"m happy to stay clear of due to his ridiculous price.

Thing that annoys me ..as much as I'm happy with players we've bought past and present ..we just never seem able to buy these 'superstars' if you like,whenever we're linked with them. Add to that the 'Peps got the full backing and he'll be given what's needed to take us to where we want to be' ..gonna sound ungrateful and greedy as fk now but.. clearly that's not the case if we are going to stutter at X price and X price,etc.. Madrid do it,Barca have done it and clearly PSG are doing it.

We got KDB didn't we? And was he less of a star then than Mbappe is now? We know for certain that Bayern Munich wanted him. Most likely Pep has already spoken to the player and, since we seem to still be pursuing him, we must have been given a positive response. The fee will be a sticking point. Perhaps all these stories about PSG interest are being actively talked-up by Monaco as a ruse to drive up the price.

To be fair, it's pretty much agreed by all that it's going to cost whichever clubs signs him, more than £100m to sign MMuffiné. Only one club has ever spent more than £100m. Madrid never have, Barca never have. The scum haven't. Bayern have never spent anything like that amount. Neither have Juve. It's not exactly us being tight arses if we are hesitating over it.

Look at our team,we have present and future stars in our team and they all fit together,i think people want to buy a superstar name just to show everyone else we can do it,sod if they fit the team,i like what we do much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.