La Liga 2013/14

conormcfc said:
Can't believe how people were saying Real Madrid were the team we needed to avoid in the CL. Celta Vigo should be about 3-1 up here.

No fluidity to anything they do and we had a much better chance of putting them out than we do Barca.
Judging a team based on one game is probably not the best idea. I can imagine a Barca fan watching you against Sunderland or even Hull and thinking the same team. Barca are a better team than Madrid, but Madrid are one of the best counter attacking teams and will exploit your attacking full backs.

Madrid were poor today and as you said should have been about 2-0 down before they scored, but once they got the goal Celta gave up. Madrid did look a lot better when they went 4-4-2 and Ronaldo was an orthodox striker alongside Benzema. Bale looked useful when he came on as did Jesse, but Modic was MOTM. Commentators went on about him, but he is a class midfielder. So would not be surprised if Madrid got rid of him this summer.

This is why I don't like stats that much. Ronaldo got 2 goals today, but had a poor day and only scored when Celta had conceded and given up on the match.

supercrystal7 said:
conormcfc said:
Can't believe how people were saying Real Madrid were the team we needed to avoid in the CL. Celta Vigo should be about 3-1 up here.

No fluidity to anything they do and we had a much better chance of putting them out than we do Barca.
Judging a team based on one game is probably not the best idea. I can imagine a Barca fan watching you against Sunderland or even Hull and thinking the same team. Barca are a better team than Madrid, but Madrid are one of the best counter attacking teams and will exploit your attacking full backs.

Madrid were poor today and as you said should have been about 2-0 down before they scored, but once they got the goal Celta gave up. Madrid did look a lot better when they went 4-4-2 and Ronaldo was an orthodox striker alongside Benzema. Bale looked useful when he came on as did Jesse, but Modic was MOTM. Commentators went on about him, but he is a class midfielder. So would not be surprised if Madrid got rid of him this summer.

This is why I don't like stats that much. Ronaldo got 2 goals today, but had a poor day and only scored when Celta had conceded and given up on the match.

In all fairness they've failed to set the world alight. At least in my opinion. In the few games I've seen them play they haven't really been impressive. I'd expect a lot more from a team consisting of so much superstars. There have been very few games where you could say they were looking good, but other than that they've been a bit boring to watch.

I rate Ancelotti though, and think he could do well there if given time.

Rotweiss said:
supercrystal7 said:
conormcfc said:

In all fairness they've failed to set the world alight. At least in my opinion. In the few games I've seen them play they haven't really been impressive. I'd expect a lot more from a team consisting of so much superstars. There have been very few games where you could say they were looking good, but other than that they've been a bit boring to watch.

I rate Ancelotti though, and think he could do well there if given time.
Superstars are not always the best players. Oscar is better than Isco, Nastasic as good as Varane and Reus not much worse than Bale.

Madrid don't have a great balance in the team either. With the league looking unlikely the main aim for the players and the club is to win the 10th.

I wrote on twitter that with the amount of talent on that roster something doesn't seem to be clicking. Yes they won a comfortable 3-0 but something is missing on RM's team. They looked rather pedestrian.

MillionDollarDream said:
I wrote on twitter that with the amount of talent on that roster something doesn't seem to be clicking. Yes they won a comfortable 3-0 but something is missing on RM's team. They looked rather pedestrian.

Couldn't have anything to do with their 'shiniest toy on the market' approach to player transfers could it?

adrianr said:
MillionDollarDream said:

Couldn't have anything to do with their 'shiniest toy on the market' approach to player transfers could it?
Mourinho put together a fantastic well balanced team, but ego's got in the way. A big problem in Madrid is that backstage politics are always a factor in who plays. Ramos is one of the most overrated players in the world, Alonso is a bit past it and Arbeloa was never that great. Had Mourinho been allowed to drop these players without the infighting, things might have gone better.

supercrystal7 said:
conormcfc said:

And will be hailed as a god tomorrow. despite scoring 2 sitters my nan could score!

Goal scorers just take the credit for the hard work of a team. Overrated in football.

supercrystal7 said:
conormcfc said:

Who's judging them based on one game?

I've seen plenty of them this season to know how flawed they are. I said this before the CL draw.

conormcfc said:
supercrystal7 said:
conormcfc said:

Who's judging them based on one game?

I've seen plenty of them this season to know how flawed they are. I said this before the CL draw.

They won't win the CL this season, that's for sure. Bayern, Barca, us, Chelsea and PSG would beat them.

supercrystal7 said:
Superstars are not always the best players. Oscar is better than Isco, Nastasic as good as Varane and Reus not much worse than Bale.

Madrid don't have a great balance in the team either. With the league looking unlikely the main aim for the players and the club is to win the 10th.

That is why their approach is shit. You can't spend huge amounts of money on players every year and expect they will win you "the 10th". Doesn't always work that way.

Their fans are also an awful bunch. Boo-ing a player whenever he hasn't had a good game. Acting like spoiled little girls all the time, that is why I don't like that club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.