La Liga 2014/15

Real Madrid have got stability going into this season and have added quality to their squad although I have the question ready about them maybe having too much quality, Ancelotti is a top manager though so I expect him to manage that squad well.

Barcelona on the other hand still look like they are going through transition, they have lost Puyol and Valdes with Xavi likely not going to be as prominent as he was in previous years, and defensively I still think they look suspect although attack wise they look incredible.

There are rumours about Luis Enrique playing 3-4-3 this season as well, let's see how that turns out.

I am predicting a potential Ballon d'Or season for Bale this season.

Atletico will be a decent outfit and will challenge for period of time but I stiIl think last season was so physically demanding for them and therefore I have my doubts that they will last that long challenging. Simeone is a top manager in my opinion and he won't have them dropping off too much, but it still won't be enough to challenge Madrid or Barca for me.

Looking forward to see how Villarreal get on, second season syndrome. It'll be interesting too see how they've strengthened, as obviously they're a big club, but who have they brought in? Did they get Rukavina from Valladolid?

Who do we think could challenge out of nowhere? Could someone like Espanyol push on, or will it be the normal teams like Athletic, Sevilla, Villarreal and Valencia challenging for the European places?

Valencia could be really interesting this year, with the new owner showing some real intent in the market. Already added Rodrigo, Andre Gomes, Otamendi, Cancelo and now Zucullini on loan and there's talk of them going after a striker (either Negredo or Llorente) and Enzo Perez is being publicly courted. They could have a very respectable looking team by the time the season starts, it'd be nice to see La Liga being more competitive.

Real for me, think in reality they should go on and do the double, would be mint for Ancelotti to do so.

Barca have gone backwards for me and Atleti have done ok to recover from losing a couple of key players but I don't think they'll be able to repeat their exploits, but they might, if Barca's defence struggles (as I'd expect it to) then they could challenge 2nd perhaps. I hope Valencia are investing properly and don't load themselves with another ton of debt and castrate themselves.

Tiny SD Eibar won their first match in La Liga today, 1-0 over Real Sociedad. They are a remarkable story. I'll be interested to see if they can stay up.

Tbilisi said:
Levante v Villarreal about to kick off 10pm GMT,thats 11pm in Spain.

It wont finish until 0.45am...could you imagine that here......half our support cant stand up at a Wembley 5.30pm kick off.

different culture in Spain, they like sitting around doing nothing till the early hours and sleeping in the afternoon, away fans don't travel either.

Everyone mentions Real Madrid as favourites but if they do end up selling both Khedira and Di Maria for me they have weakened their squad. James is not as good as Di Maria in a wide role or the LCM position he played so well in where he would drift after Ronaldo cut in. Having a midfield 2 of Modric and Kroos protecting the back four is suicidal against the top teams. It seems their trying to get as many attacking players in the team as they can.

A sluggish Madrid wins 2-0 to recently promoted Cordoba. Great Tranny goal btw.

Atletico and Rayo still on a scoreless draw. Atletico not playing well, seems like the Super Copa is taking its toll on both Madrid teams

MCFC4EVR said:
Everyone mentions Real Madrid as favourites but if they do end up selling both Khedira and Di Maria for me they have weakened their squad. James is not as good as Di Maria in a wide role or the LCM position he played so well in where he would drift after Ronaldo cut in. Having a midfield 2 of Modric and Kroos protecting the back four is suicidal against the top teams. It seems their trying to get as many attacking players in the team as they can.
Yes Madrid have gotten weaker in the attacking areas, but if they switch to a 4-3-3 it would work, but it would mean not playing their shiny new toy James. As you said Modric and Kroos is not only weak defensively against the top teams, but lacks legs. Pesonally I think the Mourinho team of 2012 was the best Madrid team in recent years and their record points tally and record goals show it. Losing to the Bayern team of 2012 on pens is no shame and I don't think the 2014 team would have necessarily gotten past them either. Despites Ozil poor performance in the last year and the world cup he was still better than James and Di Maria is just as good as Bale. Pepe was better under Mourinho too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.