La Liga official complaint about City

Question for you. Where does the Queen's wealth come from?

Genuine question. I don't know the answer. I would guess it has been extracted from the state at some point, whether recently as a constitutional monarchy or historically as an absolute monarchy?
If you are really interested do a search for "Wikipedia Queens Wealth". Bear in mind that when you look at property, jewellery and paintings they are not capable of sale.

If you are really interested do a search for "Wikipedia Queens Wealth". Bear in mind that when you look at property, jewellery and paintings they are not capable of sale.
Yep, thanks.

I am just trying to understand why a private investment by the Queen in racehorses is different to Mansour's private investment in City.

I am just not getting it. I am not going to try and convince someone like Simon Jordan because I really don't care what they think, but I am just trying to get it straight in my head. I doubt anyone else is interested, though, and that is fair enough, so I will shut up :).

Yep, thanks.

I am just trying to understand why a private investment by the Queen in racehorses is different to Mansour's private investment in City.

I am just not getting it. I am not going to try and convince someone like Simon Jordan because I really don't care what they think, but I am just trying to get it straight in my head. I doubt anyone else is interested, though, and that is fair enough, so I will shut up :).

You have as much chance of persuading Jordan that he bankrupted Palace, rather than as he claims merely ran out of cash -)

What are UEFA supposed to do with this complaint by Tebas/La Liga' that state owned football clubs are creating problems for the structure of the game. Two years ago they tried to sanction City, for disguised owner investment, Sheikh Mansour was funding sponsorship deals, they can hardly turn round now and say we are state owned.

Because the Queen is a figurehead of State, she's Head of State, but not head of government. The Queen receives state money from our elected government to perform her duties as constitutional monarch, but she also owns stuff and buys stuff in a private capacity. That is a very real distinction because our monarch is not both government and Head of State

The Sheikh's brother is Head of State and head of government.

Sheikh Mansour and his extended family is the government of the UAE, he is a high ranking member of an absolute monarchy with exclusive executive and legislative power. From what I've read he's a smart well educated man and makes decisions regarding the sovereign wealth fund in a responsible way. Besides I'm sure there are checks and balances in the system that prevent him from splurging the investment fund money on fast cars, villas and yachts should the fancy take him.

That's not to say the Sheikh doesn't spend money on fast cars, villas and yachts, he does, a lot of money, but he does that in a personal capacity, but when he does spend his own money, he just takes one hat off and puts on another, because he is the living embodiment of both the State and the Government by dint of birth, in a way the Queen is not.

In a nutshell our detractors, the Guadianista's and Simon Jordan's are bad faith actors, they see the ruling families of the Gulf as nothing more than gangsters, hoarding the countries wealth for themselves, they have no respect for Sheikh Mansour because they have no respect for the "rigged" system that keeps him in power.

They point at Sheikh Mansour and accuse him of spending State money because he is the State and consequently all his money is State money. The difference between state expenditure and private expenditure, which is very real on the ground in the UAE, cuts no ice with them, they see it as a contrivance, it's all the same money they shout, just in different labelled pots, and while there are holes in this analysis, there is enough of a grain of truth to it to make comparisons with a constitutional monarch, like the Queen, look ludicrous.
I understand what you are saying. The ‘grain’ of truth is that Sheik Mansour has more political influence in the UAE than the Queen has in the U.K. So what, would be my challenge. Both have unimaginable historic wealth which they choose to spend how they wish. It is clear to anyone that looks that there is structure and governance around how the UAE reaches its strategic objectives and how the ruling council operate and Manchester City are not part of that. Sheik Mansour is not the state, he is an important part of the ruling elite but to say (Ike some of our naysayers do) that he can divert state funds in whatever way he likes is just wrong, I don’t know for sure, but would imagine, he has a different hat for state investment and personal wealth. neither of us can say for sure.

You have as much chance of persuading Jordan that he bankrupted Palace, rather than as he claims merely ran out of cash -)

It's not for us to convince Jordan or Tabas or the Guardian that City is not state owned, it is for them to convince us, which of course they never do, they simply state it as fact, to misquote Pep, the onus is on them to "prove it".

CFG is majority owned by Newton Investment and Development, a private investment and development company belonging to Sheikh Mansour. The questions that Jordan continues to say "need to be asked and rightly so" have been asked and they've been answered.

These answers have been found to be truthful and accurate by the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

End of story.

All these noises off comparisons to the Queen's race horses and what not just muddies the waters and justifies our detractors narrative by engaging with it. CFG's strategy to deal with the constant repetition of this State owned bullshit is stony silence. Our response as fans should be to take up Pep's quote and reply "prove it" whenever the question is raised.

As for universal human rights, that has nothing to do with City, we're part of CFG, a company owned by an investment group like any other. If the liberal left wants to lecture various countries on how they should conduct their affairs they can knock themselves out, but that has nothing to do with Manchester City football Club and if they state otherwise, then to misquote Pep again, the onus is on them to "prove it".

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying. The ‘grain’ of truth is that Sheik Mansour has more political influence in the UAE than the Queen has in the U.K. So what, would be my challenge. Both have unimaginable historic wealth which they choose to spend how they wish. It is clear to anyone that looks that there is structure and governance around how the UAE reaches its strategic objectives and how the ruling council operate and Manchester City are not part of that. Sheik Mansour is not the state, he is an important part of the ruling elite but to say (Ike some of our naysayers do) that he can divert state funds in whatever way he likes is just wrong, I don’t know for sure, but would imagine, he has a different hat for state investment and personal wealth. neither of us can say for sure.

Of course he wears different hats, the UAE has rules governing state investment and private purchases and for the most part they try to stick to them.

The UAE is not some third world crackpot dictatorship where the GDP is synonymous with the leaders wealth.

To state otherwise is when the not so hidden Arab racism rears its head.

It is not for us to convince Jordan or Tabas or the Guardian that City is not state owned, it is for them to convince us, which of course they never do, they simply state it as fact, to misquote Pep, the onus is on them to "prove it".

CFG is majority owned by Newton Investment and Development, a private investment and development company belonging to Sheikh Mansour, The questions that Jordan continues to say "need to be asked and rightly so" have been asked and they've been answered.

These answers have been found to be truthful and accurate by the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

End of story.

All these noises off comparisons to the Queen's race horses and what not just muddies the waters and justifies our detractors narrative by engaging with it. CFG's strategy to deal with the constant repetition of this State owned bullshit is stony silence. Our response as fans should be to take up Pep's quote and reply "prove it" whenever the question is raised.

As for universal human rights that has nothing to do with CFG, as they are but one part of an investment company like any other. If the liberal left wants to lecture various countries on how they should conduct their affairs they can knock themselves out, but that has nothing to do with Manchester City football Club and if they state otherwise, then to misquote Pep again, the onus is on them to "prove it".

Jordan has similar knowledge of City, FfP, and the UAE as a Sun hack. I would not try to persuade Jordan to go for a shit nor haircut, his insignificance is akin to the Rags in a title race.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.