La Liga official complaint about City

So what about a British cabinet minister who owns a company? Sure they have to hand management over to a trustee while in office, but they still own it. Is that company state property because a member of the gov owns it?
Second minor point. Mansour was not academic and did not go to uni. For the American leg of his education he went to a community college.

Direct comparisons between the UAE and the UK flounder not because of rules governing ownership of companies, but on arguments over political legitimacy.

A British cabinet minister is an MP by dint of the ballot box, therefore rules are put in place to separate personal interests from duties undertaken as a servant of the people. Sheikh Mansour is a minister in an absolute monarchy by dint of bloodline, he doesn't have electors, he has subjects.

That's how things are run in the UAE and that's why we need to take control of the debate, coz if we don't we get torn from pillar to post over the differences between here (the UK) and there (the UAE).

Sheikh Mansour is an exemplary owner and custodian of our club, CFG obeys the rules of our governing bodies and the laws of the land and goes above and beyond in enriching the club as a community asset, that's what our owners do here.

What they do there (the UAE) is nobody's business but the Emiratis, to state otherwise is to legitimise countries meddling in the affairs of other sovereign nations, we don't like it when other countries try to do that to us, so why is it okay to do that to the UAE?

I'll answer that last question for you, it's because our detractors consider themselves better than them, more enlightened, more civilised, our western values are the gold standard and they fall short! Bingo the racism. And these backward folk must be cheating coz they're shifty Arabs! Bingo racism again.

Last edited:
Direct comparisons between the UAE and the UK flounder not because of rules governing ownership of companies, but on arguments over political legitimacy.

A cabinet minister is an MP by dint of the ballot box, therefore rules are put in place to separate personal interests from duties undertaken as a servant of the people. Sheikh Mansour is a minister in an absolute monarchy, he doesn't have electors, he has subjects.

That is how things are run in the UAE and that is why we need to take control of the debate, coz if we don't we get torn from pillar to post over the differences between here (the UK) and there (the UAE)

Sheikh Mansour is an exemplary owner and custodian of our club, CFG obeys the rules of our governing bodies and the laws of the land and goes above and beyond in enriching the club as a community asset, that's what they do here.

What they do there (the UAE) is nobody's business but the Emiratis, to state otherwise is to legitimise countries meddling in the affairs of other sovereign nations, we don't like it when other countries try to do that with us, so why is it okay to do that to the UAE?
Spot on.

What they do there (the UAE) is nobody's business but the Emiratis, to state otherwise is to legitimise countries meddling in the affairs of other sovereign nations, we don't like it when other countries try to do that with us, so why is it okay to do that to the UAE?
The CIA support this message.

Do the FFP regulations make any distinction between "state" funding and private funding? Is state funding not allowed? Is this why Real Madrid are complaining? They have been fined in the past for receiving illegal state funding I recall.
Seven Spanish clubs broke EU laws when tax income went straight from the Spanish govt to clubs struggling with debts as well as clubs being allowed to purchase undercut land from the govt to build things like training grounds on the cheap.

Four Spanish clubs were also found to have been under-paying tax since 1990, again, breaking the law.

In both instances, Real Madrid and Barcelona were two of the seven and the four.

City haven’t been doing anything like this. This is where the distinction of us not being state funded is important. City are not state funded or owned. We are owned by three shareholders and funded by companies that are not state funds. Our sponsors were looked at in their attachments to UAE and size of deals, but were ruled to be of fair value.

The only thing we’ve done wrong is when we didn’t break even for three years running and we were given a £50m fine and a reduce squad size for the CL in 2016. But, Liverpool have also broken FFP in the last decade so we’re not alone. Both Villa and Leicester broke Championship FFP to get promoted to the Prem n’all.

Last edited by a moderator:

A British cabinet minister is an MP by dint of the ballot box, therefore rules are put in place to separate personal interests from duties undertaken as a servant of the people. Sheikh Mansour is a minister in an absolute monarchy, he doesn't have electors, he has subjects.

That is how things are run in the UAE and that is why we need to take control of the debate, coz if we don't we get torn from pillar to post over the differences between here (the UK) and there (the UAE)

Sheikh Mansour is an exemplary owner and custodian of our club, CFG obeys the rules of our governing bodies and the laws of the land and goes above and beyond in enriching the club as a community asset, that's what they do here.

I'll answer that last question for you, coz our detractors consider themselves better than them, more advanced, more civilised, our western values are the gold standard and they fall short! Bingo the racism! And these backward folk must be cheating coz they're shifty Arabs! Bingo racism again.

Agreed spot on with the last three paragraphs, but I am not so sure about the first three for the same reason I am not sure about the Mansour/City Queen/horses discussion.

But it has been done to death and it's late, so let's leave it.

I wish the BBC would check their facts, you know use something like BBC FACT-CHECKED?

Tebas added: "At one point, Man City had 68% of their revenue from commercial income. Real Madrid was 54%. That is impossible. Man City as a brand is not worth that much."

Impossible? yes because it has never happened.

From Deloitte Football Money League % of revenue that is commercial and actual amounts:

2022 (report of 20/21 season)
48% €308m City
50% €321m Real Madrid

52% €249m City
54% €382m Real Madrid

43% €261m City
47% €354m Real Madrid

47% €265m City
47% €356m Real Madrid

44% €230m City
45% €301m Real Madrid

46% €178m City
42% €263m Real Madrid

49% €228m City
43% €247m Real Madrid

48% €198m City
43% €231m Real Madrid

53% €166m City
41% €211m Real Madrid

49% €138m City
36% €187m Real Madrid

38% € 64m City
36% €172m Real Madrid

37% € 57m City
34% €150m Real Madrid

21% € 21m City
34% €150m Real Madrid

25% € 26m City
35% €129m Real Madrid

City not in top 20

36% € 31m City
43% €125m Real Madrid

32% € 29m City
45% €124m Real Madrid

This is what I'm reduced to at 2.45pm on a Saturday afternoon in the closed season!
Not that it matters but could he have fumbled an attempt to argue the percentage of the commercial revenue from the UAE was 68% at one point?

I say that because I had someone make an argument similar to that, when I was telling them the entirety of City's UAE deals are at 17% of the overall revenue and around 35% of the commercial revenue at present. I wondered if Nick Harris(the patron saint of the cartel) had been stat massaging on twitter again or something. I didn't take the time to look into it though.

I do wonder what the percentage was at the start of 2011 Etihad deal though. Not that it's relevant because what he's really trying to say is City's commercial deals are inflated, without saying it and we know they aren't. That's been the case since 2014(might have even been before then, that date was when the agreement was signed, that's all we know) according to UEFA's own approved auditors, who no doubt used the most conservative figures(going by PSG's complaints). Who care's if it started off a little more than we were worth, it was a 10 year deal and within just 3 years we came good.

We had people like Nick Harris claiming City's commercial revenue above Real's in this years money league report("it's a miracle") when that's not true... City's was 4th highest(Bayern, Real, PSG), the only surprise was City temporarily went ahead of United who paid a rebate and possibly lost some bonuses because of their poor performances across the board. City are growing anyway they need to stop being in denial about how well watched City are the world over, that has value to any commercial partner.

Seven Spanish clubs broke EU laws when tax income went straight from the Spanish govt to clubs struggling with debts as well as clubs being allowed to purchase undercut land from the govt to build things like training grounds on the cheap.

Four Spanish clubs were also found to have been under-paying tax since 1990, again, breaking the law.

In both instances, Real Madrid and Barcelona were two of the seven and the four.

City haven’t been doing anything like this. This is where the distinction of us not being state funded is important. City are not state funded or owned. We are owned by three shareholders and funded by companies that are not state funds. Our sponsors were looked at in their attachments to UAE and size of deals, but were ruled to be of fair value.

The only thing we’ve done wrong is when we didn’t break even for three years running and we were given a £50m fine and a reduce squad size for the CL in 2016. But, Liverpool have also broken FFP in the last decade so we’re not alone. Both Villa and Leicester broke Championship FFP to get promoted to the Prem n’all.

All true but they arent City ;)

Mansour isn't the absolute monarch of anything.

An emirate is just a territory ruled by an emir. So what is an emir? Seems historically, that he was just the leader, usually military, of a group of people, often a tribe, who would gain land by conquest. Their emirate. They could then apply for recognition of their emirate/emir.

In the case of the UAE each of the seven emirates was previously a sheikhdom, based on particular tribes, under the protection of the British. The word emirate was chosen over sheikhdom when the UAE was formed apparently because sheikh doesn't always denote leadership in a sovereign sense, whereas emir does. Actually, their title is still Sheikh. No-one refers to Emir Mohamed of Abu Dhabi, he is Sheikh Mohamed, the Emir of Abu Dhabi.

Anyone feel free to correct anything I have wrong. It's all pretty confusing to me too.
So he’s like Andy Burnham then? ;-)

PB is a very learned man but he's no team player and while he might well provoke insightful discussion, he has a tendency to close it down if you disagree with him.

A simple banner with Pep's two word quote "Prove It" would be very effective.

And perhaps one with "Dirty Oil Club" and another "Doing It The Right Way"

These are trigger phrases that open up the discussion rather than close it down.
Yep all of that at the start of the match and to make sure they can't ignore it: "No more lies!".

The dream scenario would be to get the club involved and have the Iron Maiden song of the same name played around the stadium at a planned time(date of the CAS decision?) and all the fans turn to the press section with their banners and fingers pointing firmly at them.

Ok I'm dreaming there haha.

Yep all of that at the start of the match and to make sure they can't ignore it: "No more lies!".

The dream scenario would be to get the club involved and have the Iron Maiden song of the same name played around the stadium at a planned time(date of the CAS decision?) and all the fans turn to the press section with their banners and fingers pointing firmly at them.

Ok I'm dreaming there haha.

If only ;-)

Getting fans to work together on something like this is near impossible, it'd be like trying to herd cats, but if some enterprising souls were to design banners around certain key phrases and in so doing take ownership of them, it would make a statement not easily ignored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.