La Liga want Man City investigation

Can anyone explain what his issue is in regards the players loaned to Girona ? Something to do with FFP but I'm fucked if I can understand what he's on about.

He is saying, I think, that players loaned in, have to be accounted for in the books as an expense & that City's loanees were given a lower value than their actual worth, so their value was increased by the Barca/Real mafia.

But apparently Girona are nowhere near their ffp limit anyhow, so it's irrelevant.

Can anyone explain what his issue is in regards the players loaned to Girona ? Something to do with FFP but I'm fucked if I can understand what he's on about.

I think he's saying that Spain's own FFP rules don't allow clubs to loan players without paying the parent club a loan fee. City apparently rarely charge loan fees when loaning players out so we were going to loan the 5 players to Girona and not charge a fee which is broadly in accordance with our club policy, although Girona were going to pay the full wages of all the players. Tebas claims that we were doing it to deliberately give Girona an unfair advantage which is clearly not the reason why we weren't going to charge them a loan fee.

He is saying, I think, that players loaned in, have to be accounted for in the books as an expense & that City's loanees were given a lower value than their actual worth, so their value was increased by the Barca/Real mafia.

But apparently Girona are nowhere near their ffp limit anyhow, so it's irrelevant.

I think he's saying that Spain's own FFP rules don't allow clubs to loan players without paying the parent club a loan fee. City apparently rarely charge loan fees when loaning players out so we were going to loan the 5 players to Girona and not charge a fee which is broadly in accordance with our club policy, although Girona were going to pay the full wages of all the players. Tebas claims that we were doing it to deliberately give Girona an unfair advantage which is clearly not the reason why we weren't going to charge them a loan fee.

Thanks.

I thought loan deals were meant to be matter of negotiation between two clubs rather than having some kind of guideline price. Maybe I'm wrong, but if there is something in writing, maybe we should use it to our advantage when Italian clubs come sniffing around whenever there's a window open

I've been busy this week so haven't read the whole thread so apologies. The thing I find amazing is that Barca have spent around €190 this summer and would've used around another €120m on trying to get Coutinho.

Whilst the Spanish league are throwing all sorts of accusations at City and PSG, I don't see them telling Barcelona to refrain from spending the money that was used to "financially dope", to spend on replacements for Neymar et al.

I've been busy this week so haven't read the whole thread so apologies. The thing I find amazing is that Barca have spent around €190 this summer and would've used around another €120m on trying to get Coutinho.

Whilst the Spanish league are throwing all sorts of accusations at City and PSG, I don't see them telling Barcelona to refrain from spending the money that was used to "financially dope", to spend on replacements for Neymar et al.
I think Barcelona were every bit as guilty as PSG by asking for a dope price. If Neymar wasn't for sale, they should have just said "NO" to any bid rather than accept it and moan about it at the same time.

Ben Rumsby at the Telegraph........

Any lawsuit against La Liga could coincide with separate legal action in the opposite direction.

Saying he was prepared to give Uefa “six to eight months” to punish both City and PSG before escalating the matter, Tebas added: “If we see that there is no future for that, we will take it to the competition authorities in Brussels and, after that, potentially the courts.”
I really hope he does.

I think Barcelona were every bit as guilty as PSG by asking for a dope price. If Neymar wasn't for sale, they should have just said "NO" to any bid rather than accept it and moan about it at the same time.
They couldn't not accept the bid. It was his release clause.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.