La Liga want Man City investigation

I think FFP is a great idea. It's the implementation that is crap that is designed to maintain a cartel. Through reasonably good planning, we got into the golden trough and certain clubs (and many in the mediah) don't like it.
I'd love proper and fair FFP rules but that is never going to happen in a million years if debt is not counted as equal to wages and transfer fees.
Real financial fair play would be if every club had the same amount of money available. I suppose the closest system is the US NFL or NBA, but also there I guess some are more equal than others. I am not sure it can be really done, and I find it a strange idea to forbid anybody to invest money in their own business. Applied in the high tech world where I am at home it would mean no start ups. It is a truly bizarre idea, and the only purpose it serves is to protect the interests of those already rich.

Technically yes, but hardly fair. Both Etihad and Etisalat are commercial organisations putting any sponsorship deals through their books. Saying sponsorship from these two is state aid would be the same as saying the RBS six Nations is state funded!
Whilst you're right, so are the Qatari firms sponsoring PSG. So it's either both or neither

I think the owner's intent in relation to being self-sustaining is suitably demonstrated by the fact the Etihad deal hasn't been renegotiated, some seven years(?) in.
Although we don't know that for a fact and some journalist mentioned earlier in the thread is convinced it has been and is now upwards of 85m euro per year.

It would be a topic for another thread perhaps, but if the world of cricket can conjure up some mystical way of deciding a terminated game, ie the Duckworth Lewis formula, then surely it's not beyond combined brain power of UEFA (7 on the IQ score) to develop a binding transfer system based on the remaining length of a player's contract, the length of a new contract being offered by a bidding club, his present pay deal, and the bidding club's pay offer, plus an extra percentage for a selling club as compensation for having their plans disrupted by the unexpected loss of a player. If such a formula was devised and each transfer could only happen after UEFA had vetted a move, then financial doping would be dropped immediately.

It would be a topic for another thread perhaps, but if the world of cricket can conjure up some mystical way of deciding a terminated game, ie the Duckworth Lewis formula, then surely it's not beyond combined brain power of UEFA (7 on the IQ score) to develop a binding transfer system based on the remaining length of a player's contract, the length of a new contract being offered by a bidding club, his present pay deal, and the bidding club's pay offer, plus an extra percentage for a selling club as compensation for having their plans disrupted by the unexpected loss of a player. If such a formula was devised and each transfer could only happen after UEFA had vetted a move, then financial doping would be dropped immediately.
What is financial doping ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.