La Liga want Man City investigation

Won't be long until the accounts are out and we see whether or not there been a 40m bump in commercial revenue.
If that's the case I'd be staggered if the club hasn't already got the nod on the deal from UEFA, who will be much more wary of us than a few years ago. Announcing it that way would be like parking our tanks on the front lawn at the Nou Camp.

If that's the case I'd be staggered if the club hasn't already got the nod on the deal from UEFA, who will be much more wary of us than a few years ago. Announcing it that way would be like parking our tanks on the front lawn at the Nou Camp.

Did the scum get the nod from Uefa when they got the 750m 10 year deal from adidas?

Is there a point the owners decide it's not the worth hassle? All the good they've done for the club and the area and all they ever do is get slaughtered and threatened with sanctions.

Is there a point the owners decide it's not the worth hassle? All the good they've done for the club and the area and all they ever do is get slaughtered and threatened with sanctions.
Depends how weak they are?

Real financial fair play would be if every club had the same amount of money available. I suppose the closest system is the US NFL or NBA, but also there I guess some are more equal than others. I am not sure it can be really done, and I find it a strange idea to forbid anybody to invest money in their own business. Applied in the high tech world where I am at home it would mean no start ups. It is a truly bizarre idea, and the only purpose it serves is to protect the interests of those already rich.
Well quite. Real FFP would also slap a cap on how much the big boys could spend (from stupid revenue like Chevrolet and Adidas) AND allow people to invest to match it - but it isn't going to happen in a billion years.

Last edited:
Real financial fair play would be if every club had the same amount of money available. I suppose the closest system is the US NFL or NBA, but also there I guess some are more equal than others. I am not sure it can be really done, and I find it a strange idea to forbid anybody to invest money in their own business. Applied in the high tech world where I am at home it would mean no start ups. It is a truly bizarre idea, and the only purpose it serves is to protect the interests of those already rich.

Real FFP might require genuine financial transparency for a start - with clubs required to share all their accounts including those hidden in the Cayman Islands for example. Can't see why we are under fire when many of them pointing the finger have some significant financial skeletons in the cupboard

It's obvious that City will never be accepted as an elite level club, we will always be looked down on and sneered at. We just have to accept that, but let's rub their noses in it by winning as much as possible, while doing everything by the book.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.