Lack of pace on the wings

I think it’s more a matter of movement than pace that’s our big issue. I also think our issues go way beyond the inclusion of Mahrez and Grealish and they are just convenient scapegoats.

Everyone of our players who started against Everton, bar Haaland, want to receive the ball to feet. None of them make runs to free up space for others to work in. That’s why it’s piss easy to mark our wide players out of the game.

If you look at our goal, it was Grealish’s driving run which drew players towards him which created the initial space for Mahrez. That’s what is lacking in this side, the player who creates space for others. David Silva was the master of it.

I actually think playing Jack centrally could be the solution to this. He shown at Villa that he can keep possession under pressure from multiple defenders and his dribbling ability will naturally create space for others. His best moments in a City shirt have been dribbling through the middle and creating chances.

As soon as we drop a point, this is raised. Pace is almost completely ineffective against ten man defences so the belief that it is the answer is, IMO, completely flawed. Occasionally we will drop points and it does not mean there is anything wrong with the team, the manager or the tactics - it is the game.
The problem is how many points we have already dropped this season and more concerning the poor performances that we have put in. I can take us drawing games/ losing points if we at least play well but yesterday was atrocious.

As soon as we drop a point, this is raised. Pace is almost completely ineffective against ten man defences so the belief that it is the answer is, IMO, completely flawed. Occasionally we will drop points and it does not mean there is anything wrong with the team, the manager or the tactics - it is the game.
It is raised every time we drop points because it’s often a problem. And I t’s raised more often this season because we’ve already dropped 12 points in 16 games.

Do that every 16 games and we’ll finish about third on 85 points.

I just posted this article in the media thread but it’s relevant in this thread too.

The problem is how many points we have already dropped this season and more concerning the poor performances that we have put in. I can take us drawing games/ losing points if we at least play well but yesterday was atrocious.
Is it, win out next 3 which is more than possible we are on target for another 90 point season probably enough to win it if we don’t we don’t well done to whoever gets 90 plus points. Yesterday was far from atrocious it’s just usual forum over reacting to a game not going our way, partly a few below par performances partly the opposition coming with a plan to stop our game and rythym and executing it.

It is raised every time we drop points because it’s often a problem. And I t’s raised more often this season because we’ve already dropped 12 points in 16 games.

Do that every 16 games and we’ll finish about third on 85 points.
Get 85 points we’ll be in the top 2.You make it sound like 85 points is shit.It wouldn’t be quite our usual standard of the last few years but not shit and more consistent over the past few years than any other team.
Personally think we’ll be around the 90 mark.

Is it, win out next 3 which is more than possible we are on target for another 90 point season probably enough to win it if we don’t we don’t well done to whoever gets 90 plus points. Yesterday was far from atrocious it’s just usual forum over reacting to a game not going our way, partly a few below par performances partly the opposition coming with a plan to stop our game and rythym and executing it.
Yeah atrocious was harsh sorry. Just long for the days when we would consistently play well at home and if teams did nick a point it was because their keeper had a stormer or total luck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.