Lake Of Fire - Abortion

BlueBalls

People are deeply divided on the issue of abortion....

I am pro-choice....although I don't see abortion as another means of contraception....

I know there are religious PRO-LIFE groups who believe, without a hint of irony, that all those involved in abortion should be EXECUTED..... and clinics bombed.

I know this is a subject not to be taken lightly so I'm after a serious debate on the subject.....

If you need help decided then download Tony Kaye's (American History X) graphic and controversial film "Lake Of Fire".... A film which argues for both pro-choice and pro-life groups, giving equal time to both sides, covering arguments from either extremes of the spectrum, as well as those at the centre, who acknowledge that, in the end, everyone is ‘right’ – or ‘wrong.’

I later found out that the film has taken almost fifteen years (yes, 15) to make. To be fair it is unquestionably the definitive work on the subject of abortion. It's also beautifully shot in what seems like an endless palette of silver and greys......

WARNING....
There are graphic images of termination procedures and their aftermath to show abortion’s physical and psychological reality....seriously graphic and disturbing.

LAKE OF FIRE – the film’s title comes from one person’s description of what awaits abortionists in hell – is a monumental film......

And whatever you believe now, you are certain to think differently after seeing it......

I believe it should be the choice of the couple involved, if it is their combined wish to have the pregancy terminated, then who else has the right to over rule that decision.

But I also believe contraception should be used untill the involved couple catogorically try for a child, it should not be used as a form of contraception.

Hmm sort of split on this one, there are a few obvious reasons why people should have the right to a termination, but there should also be some sort of deterent for idiots getting knocked up because their either too stupid or lazy to take proper precautions and don't have the ability or means to raise a child.

Similar opinion to all of you but i believe that pregnancy through rape or whether the mothers life is threatened through pregnancy or the baby is severely disfigured. These i believe are the only justifiable situations for it if i were in these circumstances. If that couple believe they have made the right decision then i won't quarrel with them.

BB

ElanJo said:
Get ready for your thread to be railroaded by policaly (party) doctrine :D

I'll post my thoughts after I get somethin to eat - I'm starvin :P

Can't see how this has anything whatsoever to do with political party doctrine,(if thats what you meant),as most mainstream parties leave this to individual conscience.
And for once,I think they are right.
For what its worth,i'm pro-choice.

Pro choice. Just as long isn't requested on a regular basis by an individual, and used as an afterthought to contraception.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
ElanJo said:

Can't see how this has anything whatsoever to do with political party doctrine,(if thats what you meant),as most mainstream parties leave this to individual conscience.

What I mean is it will descend, like past abortion threads, into political - left-right - doctrinal arguments

ElanJo said:
ElanJo said:

What I mean is it will descend, like past abortion threads, into political - left-right - doctrinal arguments

ok now that you've explained that....what's your opinion on abortion or am I wasting my time trying to get people (not you) to have a mature debate about something that is worth debating about.........

Anyone watched the film?

maybe I should've entitled it "what's your snack of choice while sat in the abortion clinic?".....maybe then there would be a response. Mine would be Twiglets washed away with Ginger Beer...

BlueBalls said:
ElanJo said:
ElanJo said:

ok now that you've explained that....what's your opinion on abortion or am I wasting my time trying to get people (not you) to have a mature debate about something that is worth debating about.........

Anyone watched the film?

maybe I should've entitled it "what's your snack of choice while sat in the abortion clinic?".....maybe then there would be a response. Mine would be Twiglets washed away with Ginger Beer...

Yes,I watched the film.
And I like your use of sarcasm -you are of course correct.
Unless you bring Tevez or Eto into the abortion debate,it will never achieve dizzying heights of popularity.
Perhaps if you sneaked a car-chase into the film or a superhero it may have more appeal in getting people to haul their sorry arses off the fence and have an opinion.
Or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.