Lake Of Fire - Abortion

Does anyone ever remember that girl who was raped in ireland? The guy got her pregnant, so she had an abortion (she was from a catholic family). then the family shund her and wouldnt even speak to her

mancity89 said:
Does anyone ever remember that girl who was raped in ireland? The guy got her pregnant, so she had an abortion (she was from a catholic family). then the family shund her and wouldnt even speak to her

I remember that, it was disgusting.

mancity89 said:

This kind of occurence is not uncommon,especially in rural Ireland.
Also girls who die as a result of botched "back-street abortions",or those forced to come to the UK for a termination.
Its a disgrace,but i'm sure Johnny Crossan has the answer,as he can explain all of religions failings.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
mancity89 said:

Also girls who die as a result of botched "back-street abortions",or those forced to come to the UK for a termination.
Its a disgrace,but i'm sure Johnny Crossan has the answer,as he can explain all of religions failings.

especially that Calgary moment, it was my fault - I fell off the ski lift

BlueBalls said:
ElanJo said:
ElanJo said:
Get ready for your thread to be railroaded by policaly (party) doctrine :D

I'll post my thoughts after I get somethin to eat - I'm starvin :P

Can't see how this has anything whatsoever to do with political party doctrine,(if thats what you meant),as most mainstream parties leave this to individual conscience.
And for once,I think they are right.
For what its worth,i'm pro-choice.

What I mean is it will descend, like past abortion threads, into political - left-right - doctrinal arguments

ok now that you've explained that....what's your opinion on abortion or am I wasting my time trying to get people (not you) to have a mature debate about something that is worth debating about.........

Anyone watched the film?

maybe I should've entitled it "what's your snack of choice while sat in the abortion clinic?".....maybe then there would be a response. Mine would be Twiglets washed away with Ginger Beer...

Haven't watched the film but it sounds interesting so will do so and then post back and see if my view has changed from previous abortion threads

I am pro choice, but i do believe that it should never be used as contraception continually. It would be great to have every child a wanted child and every parent a willing one. I can see where the opposition come from but they worry me with the life of an unborn child sacred but happy to bomb others who work in the medical termination clinics etc. I think that the quality of life is just as important as life per se.

"I, ah...this abortion issue in the States is dividing the country right in half. You know, and even amongst my friends - we're all highly intelligent - they're totally divided on the issue of abortion. Totally divided. Some of my friends think these pro-life people are just annoying idiots. Other of my friends think these pro-life people are evil fucks. How are we gonna have a consensus? I'm torn. I try and take the broad view and think of them as evil, annoying fucks."
Bill Hicks

Haven't watched the film but it sounds interesting so will do so and then post back and see if my view has changed from previous abortion threads

if and when you do, please be warned there are some very graphic sequences......all respectfully shot but graphic nonetheless.....

The film , as a whole, blew me away....I watch a lot of films and this is right up there. It was certainly shot and cut with love and care....makes me wonder what, the near master-piece that is American History X would've looked like if Tony Kaye was given full artistic control in the editing suite.......then again we'd still be waiting for it now.

johnny crossan said:
mancity89 said:

especially that Calgary moment, it was my fault - I fell off the ski lift

Not much to say on the subject then........

I have had first hand experience of this.

When I was 19, me and my ex-girlfriend had a last minute fling (in a static caravan in Morecambe !) before we went to university. Soon after she discovered she was pregnant and due to the circumstances she wanted an abortion.

We were young with all of our lives ahead of us, no form of income and it was probably the right thing to do at the time. However, it was a traumatic experience we both went through. This was first week of university and it messed me up in a bad way, as a result I dropped out of uni not long after.

It is never an easy decision to make and even though I was always pro-choice, when you are in the middle of it you do question your own beliefs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.