Lake swallowing his tongue

Lomas swallowed his tongue during the 4 0 defeat to Palace in the league cup quarters

wearethesouthstand said:
remember the game v. spurs when he clashed with gazza and gazza was running round the pitch holding his ears saying lakey has big ears
Since you ask...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoR8TwWn5Dg[/youtube]

I was at that game, very worrying at the time and feared the worst.

Class act Lakey, had the ability to go right to the top. Kendall played him at centre-half a few times but I preferred him in centre midfield...Liverpool were rumoured to be interested.

Oh, and Gary McCallister was immense that day for Leicester.

neil jung said:
wearethesouthstand said:
remember the game v. spurs when he clashed with gazza and gazza was running round the pitch holding his ears saying lakey has big ears
Since you ask...

That has actually changed my opinion on Gazza.

I hope if Lakey ever see's him again that he throws him a fishing rod and a bucket of chicken, stupid Geordie prick.

the goats backside said:
The Fixer said:
88/89 was my first season but i was only a kid.. just out of curiosity maine rd looked fairly empty in that vid what was our attendances in that era??

I think Brian Clark said on commentary 22000, Lakey was pure class

-- Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:11 am --

cfn1963 said:
I'm now wondering if my memory is failing me. I tell the story of the quietest moment at maine road being when he fell down against villa. Wasn't that when he did his knee in?

Yes sadly
Yes I was in the top left hand corner of the Kippax and everybody knew it was serious, there was lots of transfer talk of the dippers being in for him at the time as everybody had begun to realise what an astounding player he had become.
A crying shame he suffered an injury that ended his career, he would have captained England for the next ten years.

cfn1963 said:
I'm now wondering if my memory is failing me. I tell the story of the quietest moment at maine road being when he fell down against villa. Wasn't that when he did his knee in?
That was a serious injury, but we didn't know it was career-threatening; when he swallowed his tongue we thought we might be watching a player die on the pitch.

(And Lakey should have just pointed to Gazza's belly....)

liamctid said:
neil jung said:
Since you ask...

That has actually changed my opinion on Gazza.

I hope if Lakey ever see's him again that he throws him a fishing rod and a bucket of chicken, stupid Geordie prick.

More evidence that Gascoigne has traits of Tourette's Syndrome. He seems to almost be doing the ear-pulling compulsively, as if he has no control over it. I'm no expert, but all the tics and face-pulling that he was infamous for are classic TS; I'd love to know if he was ever assessed/diagnosed...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.