Lakey's Blue Tuesday question: City Horror Shows

blueripple

Hi all

I thought I'd give this week's Blue Tuesday question a Halloween theme...

Which City horror show still gives you goosebumps?

My performance at home to Oldham in August '88 still sends shivers down my spine. I had an absolute stinker. I gave away a goal in a 4-1 hammering and remember having to apologise to everyone in the dressing room afterwards.

So give us your stories about individual or team horrow shows; Emily, as usual, will be reading some of them out on Tuesday.

OAB, AAB

Lakey

So many to choose from, from recent history I'd have to go for the FA Cup quarter final against West Ham a few years ago. We'd had an alright season, we had home advantage, there weren't too many decent sides left in the cup and I think we were one of the favourites. That year more than any other year I think I'd just really convinced myself we could do it, started saving up for the final and everything, even booked the day off work well in advance. Queued for about two hours in the freezing cold at COMS for tickets for the West Ham game(wasn't even sold out) then on the night we were awful. Hardly any players left due to injury but the team just didn't seem to put up much of a fight and I just felt so so let down. Ok so it's nothing new but it never gets any easier. Of course it was all downhill for Pearce from that moment on.

Ged Taggart a player who used his right leg just to stand on being asked to play at right back at a trouncing at Blackburn.A good player put in a ridiculous position.

Every time it went to him, he had to go onto his left foot and so it ended up in the crowd.

Losing at home to Bury 1-0 Beasley OG, i remember a guy behind me getting out of the Kippax walking on the pitch and ripping up his season ticket, i just wondered how bad things could possibly get and i remember eople protesting at the front of Maine Road after the game.

So many terrible games as well like Oxford at home i think we lost 1-0 (another shocker) and Southampton in the league cup on a freezing night ended 0-0 and was about as boring as a game of football could get.

There have probably been worse games (losing to Linoln 2-1 if im right was shit ) but off the top of my head these seem to stick out for some reason.

Anyway at the end of the day its this stuff that makes us appreciate how good it is now (sometimes im just doing every day stuff and it pops into my head how good we are at the moment and how bright our future will be and i have to pinch myself) and some fans should remeber this when they are slagging off the team or the players.

For me the game V Everton at Maine Road last game of the season 92/93 we lost 5-2 Preki hit a hat trick just never seen us so inept and awful at home that game you mentioned V Oldham was close but this took the biscuit one of those games where the full time whistle was a blessing.

blueripple said:
Hi all

I thought I'd give this week's Blue Tuesday question a Halloween theme...

Which City horrow show still gives you goosebumps?

My performance at home to Oldham in August '88 still sends shivers down my spine. I had an absolute stinker. I gave away a goal in a 4-1 hammering and remember having to apologise to everyone in the dressing room afterwards.

So give us your stories about individual or team horrow shows; Emily, as usual, will be reading some of them out on Tuesday.

OAB, AAB

Lakey

Was at that match Lakey you scored for us, didn't ex blue Roger Palmer score a hat trick ? remember us being poor that day. Ive seen loads of horror shows since the late 70's mine that give me so much heartache at the time was 1979 Fa Cup Shrewsbury away, coming from Shrewsbury and was in the last year at school i can remember shouting the odds all week about City thrashing them but sadly we lost 2-0 on a rock hard frozen pitch, the stick i got after that was terrible that match, it still gets brought up here in pub conversations now. I can remember walking out the ground nearly in tears trying to avoid all me mates, that never lasted long remember getting home and finding them waiting for me outside my house, that night we were the main game on Match of the day.

Tbilisi said:
Ged Taggart a player who used his right leg just to stand on being asked to play at right back at a trouncing at Blackburn.A good player put in a ridiculous position.

Every time it went to him, he had to go onto his left foot and so it ended up in the crowd.

Had a nightmare last night that we lost 1 - 0 at Halifax in 1980 and I was stood on a grass bank that I was continually sliding down as it pissed down in the open end!

Tbilisi said:
Tbilisi said:

Had a nightmare last night that we lost 1 - 0 at Halifax in 1980 and I was stood on a grass bank that I was continually sliding down as it pissed down in the open end!
LOL A year after the Shrewsbury disaster oh happy days ;0(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.