Lakey's Blue Tuesday question: City Horror Shows

i'm only 22 and there's so many to choose from!

8-1 v boro was terrible...on the train back with boro fans...home to my flat in newcastle with boro fans!

3-0 v forest was awful

2-0 at boro last season was a disgrace

but the worst for me was the 2-1 loss to chesterfield in the cup under pearce...we were atrocious that day

The 5th round FA Cup tie at Shrewsbury in 1980 or so. We weren't in with a sniff all game and lost 2-0. Then I had to drive back to London in the fog. Took for ever.

Losing 3-0 at Leicester in the first away match of the 1968-69 season, having to endure the Leicester fans singing "we beat the Champions".

Losing at home to West Ham to two Jimmy Greaves goals and the Ronnie Boyce special from 45 yards. We were a complete laughing stock.

It was over the Christmas period in 1986. We were away at Charlton, whilst they were playing at Selhurst Park. We never had a shot on goal in the entire 90 minutes and got beat 5-0. Absolutely abysmal. To top it off, we were on the football special for 4 hours - a dry train, so couldn't have a drink until Piccadilly to numb the pain.

Cardiff at Ninian Park in 1994 was pretty dire. Premier League City managed to lose 1-0 to opponents then in the fourth tier, with Keith Curle missing a penalty and having a perfectly good goal disallowed for offside. The home fans resembled a throwback to the seventies hooligan era. And it was absolutely freezing, coupled with which our train from Cardiff was delayed so we missed a connection at Crewe and had to sit miserably in the cold for an hour with all the refreshment facilities at the station closed. Not the best day to be a City fan.

Thanks guys and girls for all of your answers, I look forward to reading them out later and I will try to read out as many as I can!

We've got a very special live interview for you tonight on Blue Tuesday and also a very very special announcement to make...so tune in at 6pm to find out more! =)

Pingu the Penguin said:
How can I listen to this show from Leeds? Can't get it on the web

You cant use iPlayer?

I bloody HATE Tuesday afternoon, glancing at the clock to see if it's on yet. BT better hurry up.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlive/bbc_radio_manchester/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlive/b ... anchester/</a>

Damocles said:
Pingu the Penguin said:
How can I listen to this show from Leeds? Can't get it on the web

You cant use iPlayer?

I bloody HATE Tuesday afternoon, glancing at the clock to see if it's on yet. BT better hurry up.

That's the spirit Damocles! Hope you are enjoying it, the live guest is a treat this evening! A BIG exclusive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.