Lakey's Blue Tuesday Question: If you could turn back time..

As has already been posted but made Franny keep Brian Horton the man had the players respect and they wanted to play for him, only Brian could have made Uwe and Paul Walsh work!!

As a season ticketer since 88 - aged 8, my selection would have been a first class ticket to Dr Steadman for Paul Lake - instead of making the poor fella run up and down the kippax with a bust knee. I'm convinced we'd have won something with a fit lakey in that young side.

Also, I'd have made Kendall sign a new deal before the 90/91 season with a mega buy out cluase to keep Everton for getting him back.

I'd also have liked to have seen Maine Road redeveloped by people with some kind of long term plan instead of seeing the way the platt lane and kippax were destroyed and then built without a thought for the non-executive box fan!

masterwig said:
I wouldn't change a thing. It's all part of the City ride. The bad times make the good times even sweeter.

I agree, but the one thing I would change, is that instead of missing the quarter final replay against Everton in 81, to shag a bird I'd been chasing for months. With the clock turned back I'd have gone to the game, saved myself a dose of the clap, and the hassle of a nasty bird that it took me nearly 6 months to get rid of!

hgblue said:
I would make sure that a certain young player who would have gone on to play for City and England for many years doesn't get a terrible knee injury that ends his career.

You creep! No seriously, I thought this too.

Buying Marsh when we did wasn't the best either but I wasn't born then.

Robinson, Sinton, Daley and Mackenzie, replacing Channon, Hartford, Barnes and Owen.
Oh and Caton replaces Watson, oh and the money we spunked put us where we were for many years.

Next

I would go back to when Petrov scored this afternoon and get a message to the defence to keep awake and concentrate because it isn't over yet.....

I agree with the poster who suggests that United using Maine Road during and after WW2 was a big turning point. Pre-War, City were the dominant Manchester club in terms of support, and allowing United to use our ground when Old Trafford suffered bomb damage allowed them to reverse that. In retrospect, we should have told them to clear off and share with Salford RL.

More recently, I'd stop Peter Swales from coming anywhere near the club. His catastrophic mismanagement, from sanctioning British record fees we couldn't afford for journeymen to selling off the club's commercial rights for peanuts when other clubs were making millions from the same source, set the club back decades and ensured the failure of his successors. This inept buffoon created the conditions that led to the most unsuccessful protracted spell in our history.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.