Lakey's Question: your most memorable City journey?

5492_139723690539_580615539_3733566_379871_n.jpg

Me being at the bottom, Iam sorry but that is the best time ive had I know it might be Cliche but i loved every second of it and me being only 9 at the time i can remember every single second of the game. From The kick off to Horlock to Dickov to dancing on our cars stuck in traffic on the way home. :D

blueripple said:
NQT said:
Lakey, let me ask you a question.

When City have played in the league this season, during the games what have you been doing and where were you?
This is a serious question and I'm not trying to catch you out or anything.

No worries, NQT...I watched the Blackburn game in a pub not far from where I live, and I took my eldest lad Zac to COMS to see the Wolves game on Saturday (we sat in the Colin Bell Stand). I'm quite interested as to why you've asked me this, though! You're not another one who thinks I'm an impostor, are you? ;)

By the way, thanks to everyone who's posted on this thread so far - Emily, Ian or I may well read yours out on Blue Tuesday tomorrow night.

Cheers

Lakey

No Paul, I've never doubted you're who you say you are and certainly not after Ric vouched for you.
The reason I asked............
At the moment our two local radio stations who cover City on matchdays have two former collegues of yours as pundits, Hinchy on Key103/1152 and Gleghorn on GMR.
Hinchy's show really started going downhill last season which culminated in him having his own son as a matchday post match caller. This season he shares a show with micky "the printer" thomas who I absolutely can't abide. So not only has Hinchcliffe gone off the boil and has lost the plot but he also now broadcasts with an absolute feckin rag wanker.
Meanwhile on GMR we have the worst City pundit I've ever heard in my forty odd years on this planet. I didn't mind Gleghorn as a player, a bit slow perhaps but he did a job for us, but as a pundit I just can't listen to him.
What's actually happened now is that I can't even attempt to listen to the pre match build up or the post match phone in on either station.

As a well spoken, intellegent knowledgable former player (this is you BTW not me) why aren't you on GMR as a matchday pundit? Have you ever been asked?

Totally and utterly agree, NQT. Lakey sounded great on Blue Tuesday last week and, let's be honest, he's a BLUE. Drives me mad when I hear Nigel Gleghorn referring to "Manchester City" all the time when it's always a case of "we" and "us" as far as Lakey's concerned. C'mon, Radio Manc, sort it out...

Re: Lakey's Big Question (Blue Tuesday)

de niro said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
One of the Trawler Boys has to get in on this.

i'm doing the show with lakey tonight, me and rmab. the trawler and dusseldorf are my favourite trips.
Not quite Trawler Boys-esque, but pretty close.

Leave Sydney on Tuesday afternoon, get to my Hong Kong hotel stopover at around midnight.

Depart Hong Kong Wednesday night at 23:25, arrive at Heathrow 04:50 Thursday. 15 hour flight.
Depart Heathrow at 9:05, arrive in Dusseldorf 11:25. Train to Gelsenkirchen in time for beers at around 3.

Drink stupidly in the Shambles Square arrangement we had until kick off. Remember something about a football game, and drinking on a train platform for hours before we can get back to Dusseldorf at around midnight. Fly back to London the next day to catch a train to Manchester.

Re: Lakey's Big Question (Blue Tuesday)

de niro said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
One of the Trawler Boys has to get in on this.

i'm doing the show with lakey tonight, me and rmab. the trawler and dusseldorf are my favourite trips.

I look forward to meeting you later De Niro =) Once again some brilliant anecdotes on this thread and I've already got a selection lined up for the show tonight, tune in at 6pm on 95.1FM BBC Radio Manchester to see if yours gets a mention from either Ian, Lakey or myself. Also, keep them coming in as I will be checking this thread throughout the day!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.