Lancashire CCC

niall_mcfc said:
Definitely over now, cross has gone for 8. We lead by 104 with 4 wickets left.

It is a strange old game though cricket. If Lancs can set them 150-200, Durham will still be huge favourites but any team can have a disastrous batting collapse.

Lancet Fluke said:
niall_mcfc said:
Definitely over now, cross has gone for 8. We lead by 104 with 4 wickets left.

It is a strange old game though cricket. If Lancs can set them 150-200, Durham will still be huge favourites but any team can have a disastrous batting collapse.

If we where playing any other of the 7 teams then i'd still have confidence but this Durham team are miles ahead of anyone else.

As you said anything can happen but im resigned to us losing this game and only picking up 3 points.<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:28 pm --<br /><br />Saj gone. All down to Hogg and Procter now, once one of these 2 go we'd be lucky to score another 10 runs

Hoggy gone, 8 down, id say let proctor hit out now and just get as many runs as possible

-- Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:19 pm --

proctor goes for 52, wont be long til the last wicket falls

there we go, all out for 282, Durham need 181 to win

All out for 282. Lead by 180. Procter with 52 and 16 from Khan including two 6s and a 4. Got 10 overs at least at them tonight to try and get a couple of wickets.

-- Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:39 pm --

We have a wicket. Di Venuto gone to hogg for 7. Be interesting to see if they send in a nightwatchmen or not.

-- Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:55 pm --

Muchall gone to hogg again. 23/2. We have a small chance.<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:03 pm --<br /><br />Onions in as nightwatchmen and GONE! Mahmood with his 1st ball. Collingwood now in.

Despite my earlier pessimism, we're still in with a chance of winning this.

Durham still have to get another 154 runs with 7 wickets in hand - they'll still be favourites and let's remember one of the wickets to fall was that of Onions who isn't a batsman, plus they bat well down the order so I still expect a Durham win but if we'd been offered this situation straight after being bowled out for 84 in the first innings we'd have taken it.

M18CTID said:
Despite my earlier pessimism, we're still in with a chance of winning this.

Durham still have to get another 154 runs with 7 wickets in hand - they'll still be favourites and let's remember one of the wickets to fall was that of Onions who isn't a batsman, plus they bat well down the order so I still expect a Durham win but if we'd been offered this situation straight after being bowled out for 84 in the first innings we'd have taken it.
Only trading about 5/4 to 6/4 to win this, looks pretty short to be honest...think we def need 2 wickets pretty quick to have any chance would be a fantastic win if we pull this off.

It will be very difficult but you never know in cricket. We managed to get close to 300 with decent batting and against a very good bowling attack so you'd think they would walk it with a top batting lineup up against a good bowling attack. Collingwood is the wicket we need as we know what he can do in these situations

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.