Lance Armstrong Oprah Interview

So, just to put it out there, pretty much all cyclists at the time were 'at it' in the same way Armstrong was, does that still make him the best cyclist of his generation as he was still beating them??

;)

gazinho said:
So, just to put it out there, pretty much all cyclists at the time were 'at it' in the same way Armstrong was, does that still make him the best cyclist of his generation as he was still beating them??

;)

i was going to post that ! ... anyway, what time does it air ?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
I think he was worried he would do time like Marion Jones. How he has managed to not be sued for all his sponsorship money is a mystery
By all accounts, Nke were aware and complicit. They won't touch that with a barge pole.<br /><br />-- Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:35 am --<br /><br />
malg said:
el blue said:
malg said:
Hahaha - I'll be disappointed if anyone bites at that.

I'm not on a wind up mate and I appreciate your other points about him bullying journos and corrumpting younger cyclists and I'm not saying he isn't a bellend. perhaps the word 'great' is a bad choice... essentially I believe that on drugs or off drugs he would have dominated any era of cycling. It's a shame he had to tarnish it, but as has been pointed out in this thread he was far from alone in his malpractice.
I think Americans will forgive him, but the rest of the world won't. He's one of their own and they'll rally around him - the Oprah interview is the first step.

As for dominating cycling with or without drugs, I don't think it can ever be proved. I really want him to come clean and tell everyone exactly when he started taking the drugs. I really want to be told that he started taking drugs after a few wins of the Tour due to the pressure of winning rather than finding out that he cheated on every one of his Tour wins. Only time will tell. It will be an interesting interview, especially if Oprah doesn't hold back.

Pmsl. Did you watch her interview Jones? I have seen tougher questioning on Bluepeter.

She will have agreed every question beforehand in return for the biggest interview of the year.

Markt85 said:
gazinho said:

;)

i was going to post that ! ... anyway, what time does it air ?

only if all cyclists had all the same drugs at the same time. Otherwise it is like Formula 1, where you never know, if a driver is the best or has he just the better car.

Carstairs said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
My main question is why? Why after all the time that had passed did the USADA decide to go after him?

Because it was widely known throughout Professional Cycling that he was "at it".
They were always after him, they just needed someone to help them.

SWP's back said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I think he was worried he would do time like Marion Jones. How he has managed to not be sued for all his sponsorship money is a mystery
By all accounts, Nke were aware and complicit. They won't touch that with a barge pole.

-- Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:35 am --

malg said:
el blue said:
I'm not on a wind up mate and I appreciate your other points about him bullying journos and corrumpting younger cyclists and I'm not saying he isn't a bellend. perhaps the word 'great' is a bad choice... essentially I believe that on drugs or off drugs he would have dominated any era of cycling. It's a shame he had to tarnish it, but as has been pointed out in this thread he was far from alone in his malpractice.
I think Americans will forgive him, but the rest of the world won't. He's one of their own and they'll rally around him - the Oprah interview is the first step.

As for dominating cycling with or without drugs, I don't think it can ever be proved. I really want him to come clean and tell everyone exactly when he started taking the drugs. I really want to be told that he started taking drugs after a few wins of the Tour due to the pressure of winning rather than finding out that he cheated on every one of his Tour wins. Only time will tell. It will be an interesting interview, especially if Oprah doesn't hold back.

Pmsl. Did you watch her interview Jones? I have seen tougher questioning on Bluepeter.

She will have agreed every question beforehand in return for the biggest interview of the year.

Jones who?

I can honestly say I've never watched Oprah.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
el blue said:
Greatest cheat of all time - regardless.
had an american glorifying him years back ...my response was to claim he was involved in the biggest doping scam the sport had not yet seen.the look of disgust from the american.

i was wrong as lance never cheated and won all those meddles on great american pride not drugs!

MCFC-alan88 said:
SWP's back said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
By all accounts, Nke were aware and complicit. They won't touch that with a barge pole.

-- Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:35 am --

malg said:

Jones who?

I can honestly say I've never watched Oprah.
Marion Jones. Wiki her she lied in court and did time. She was involved with a place that had been doping athletes for 20 odd years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.