Laporte says goodbye

All the very best Eric. Been a Superb signing for us. You can see how choked up he gets in his video. Hes a blue for life.

Cannot for the life of me understand why a big European club did not come in for one of the better Centrebacks in World football with a huge amount of experience at the best club in the World.

He is capable of playing the passing game and good at the conventional rough tough stuff and bangs in a few headers every year. Of all the players that have left us in the last few years this is the one that feels the oddest. As has been said, far too good for Saudi. Feel sad for the guy but I guess he will earn seriously big bucks and that has to be better than being a bench warmer for us.

Thanks Aymeric for all the memories! One of the most rounded defenders in the league, Not sure how he was sidelined and ended up here.

Quality player for us over the years. Instrumental in so many wins and the title run in two season ago playing through injury when we had no one. All the best Aymeric.

Think that goodbye sums him up very well, not over the top or flashy, pretty down to earth and pretty classy and intelligent.

He leaves not only with the very best wishes of the majority of fans but with the kind of medal haul that 99.99% of footballers can only dream of. For all that Pep is a hard taskmaster and the club possibly the most demanding in the world, these are not only great times to be a City fan but also for those blessed to have worn the shirt.

A top bloke and a winner. I really respect the way in that tweet he recognises the downs as well as the many ups, as I was always worried (perhaps overly so) he had a mistake in him, bit like Demi.

Thanks Eric, all the best for your next step.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.