Laser eye surgery

Had mine done in 1997. Before LASIK. Was blind for 24 hours, hurt like hell for a few days. Cost £1400. Money well spent

BlueRob01 said:
pfazz said:
cityfansimon said:
I had it done about 18 months ago and cant believe how good my eye sight is now. It takes a few months for your eyes to settle down after the treatment but after that everything is fine. My only regret is not having it done earlier.

Exactly this. I had mine done about 3 years ago, one eye for distance the other for reading and once it all settles down and your brain makes sense of what your eyes are seeing the results are fantastic, well mine are anyway. Went to the opticians for the usual test and check up for eye health etc and he said they have done a great job and I tested better than 20/20 vision. Money well spent.

If better than 20/20 then doesn't that equate to things being distorted by being magnified though?
Not being pedantic honest, just also thinking of having this done so trying to get a handle on it.

Well I don't really know the science of optics but that was the opticians comment to me. My take on the result is that my vision is now better than I could have wished for before I had it done.

My dad's cousin is one of the country's leading ophthalmologists, and he's always cautious about laser eye surgery, for two reasons:

1) Your eyes adjust a lot with age, so the money you spend could (depending on the age you get it done) only get you something that doesn't last long enough and may need doing again.
2) It is still a relatively new procedure. There haven't yet been any longitudinal studies to tell us what the long-term affects are.

This isn't to put you off, just something to bear in mind. Everyone I know who's had it done has been well pleased.

My eyes keep getting (slightly) worse everytime I go for a eye check, am I going to go blind or is it normal?

Everyone I know, including wife and daughter, are well pleased with their procedures, and my mate had it done decades ago - he had it done again after about ten years, so all anecdotal evidence positive.

However, our kid's wife is a top eye consultant, and she is adamant there are possible problems can arise, some very serious, so bear that in mind too - she wouldn't have it done last time I asked her opinion.

Now I'm 47 I would take the risk, but I have glaucoma so not sure it's available tbh, and I can't afford it this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.