Last Film You Saw

Watching the revenant now on iplayer, purely to see if it was as underwhelming as I think it was the first time I saw it. From what I remember, it could've been so much better

Aquaman. It was alright. Hit and miss... filmed a review of it if anyone fancies a watch.

Spoilers ahead!!!

Where you note about the sealife centre scene being good with more depth on that angle needed. That sums up the DCEU for me largely. It is big bright and cool but with no depth, ergo week scripting. Also Black Manta, his costume is where artistic license should have been taken. I actually laughed when he first showed up in it. The helmet is simply not practical. If it needed more mass to house the particle eye things then there are better ways to add that. It just looks to childish and out of place. The time the baddies got on screen to build a picture of them was to small as it was. Splitting it between two of them made it worse.

It has huge continuity issues also. For example the female co star displays good knowledge of the world yet she eats a rose in a scene designed to show her as a fish out of water, excuse the pun. They may as well had Ariel the mermaid do that scene. The action scenes and scenes in Atlantis were nice, i will give it that. It is is also very derivative. The comics kind of force this hence it is why i feel this should have been made 10 years ago. The MCU has the origin films by the throat. They have already done most of theirs for the current phasing and a good fist of them to boot.

Fun-ish, but ultimately a one time thing for me.

Last edited:
Spoilers ahead!!!

Where you note about the sealife centre scene being good with more depth on that angle needed. That sums up the DCEU for me largely. It is big bright and cool but with no depth, ergo week scripting. Also Black Manta, his costume is where artistic license should have been taken. I actually laughed when he first showed up in it. The helmet is simply not practical. If it needed more mass to house the particle eye things then there are better ways to add that. It just looks to childish and out of place. The time the baddies got on screen to build a picture of them was to small as it was. Splitting it between two of them made it worse.

It has huge continuity issues also. For example the female co star displays good knowledge of the world yet she eats a rose in a scene designed to show her as a fish out of water, excuse the pun. They may as well had Ariel the mermaid do that scene. The action scenes and scenes in Atlantis were nice, i will give it that. It is is also very derivative. The comics kind of force this hence it is why i feel this should have been made 10 years ago. The MCU has the origin films by the throat. They have already done most of theirs for the current phasing and a good fist of them to boot.

Fixed...

Spoilers ahead!!!

Black Manta’s helmet was ridiculously large. I actually giggled when he popped up wearing it. Even Vinny Kompany’s bonce would’ve had loads of wobble room in that fucker.
Marvel have totally wiped the floor with them. As we’ve said earlier - Dark Knight aside, DC have been underwhelming at best.

Spoilers ahead!!!

Couldn't agree more mate.

I guess it largely comes down to the writing just not being good enough. I'd have rather one of the villains was cut out and more time was given to explore one of them, and then Arthur himself. Totally laughed at Black Manta too. Just look ridiculous. Just scale it in, or do it in a slightly different way. Imagine his peripheral vision! ha. I at least cared about his backstory a tiny bit more, but even then it was mega flimsy... agree re Mera as well. Walking about on the land, chatting away. Suddenly eats a rose. You think she'd basically realise they're the on land version of sea anemones/coral etc. Just a bit dumb really. Visuals on point, defo, but without any real emotional resonance behind it, it felt a bit cheap. Oh and thanks for watching mate!

Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

A schmaltzy, almost chick-flick sort of a film that the Mrs wanted to watch. But actually I really enjoyed it - it was a good story and drew you in to the plot really well.

Couldn't agree more mate.

I guess it largely comes down to the writing just not being good enough. I'd have rather one of the villains was cut out and more time was given to explore one of them, and then Arthur himself. Totally laughed at Black Manta too. Just look ridiculous. Just scale it in, or do it in a slightly different way. Imagine his peripheral vision! ha. I at least cared about his backstory a tiny bit more, but even then it was mega flimsy... agree re Mera as well. Walking about on the land, chatting away. Suddenly eats a rose. You think she'd basically realise they're the on land version of sea anemones/coral etc. Just a bit dumb really. Visuals on point, defo, but without any real emotional resonance behind it, it felt a bit cheap. Oh and thanks for watching mate!
Oh you are most welcome, subbed to you to as you do not edit it so it is one huge mega(city)block of text (see what i did there, yeah i love Dredd 2012, underated movie imo). Your review echoed what i got from the film pretty much verbatim.

I wish you good luck with the chan mate, i shall be active in comments unless a youtube comment war breaks out in which case i'll just go for a wee and make a coffee :-D

May i add, i have a pretty good finger on the pulse of net trends. I can be sure enough to say you should do a lot more and focus on it bud. You have a clean accent that will not make first time viewers switch off because you are "not one of them". The movie review scene on youtube i see really kicking off largely due to the MCU. There are a few reviews on the films but many become monotonous whiny blocks of text all to often. A clean "normal" review where the reviewer keeps their talking clear and structured maintains attention from the viewer much better than said blocks of text editing efforts. You do this well. Refine that and add fair use cut aways from yourself to scene in order to highlight new talking points and you will gather a solid viewer base.

Green Book

What a fantastic piece of film. The pace, the depth and timing of situations/the whole film is perfect. It has no excess and creates a warm fuzzy blanket around you whilst watching. It brings me right into a time i never knew or experienced with every scene making me feel i was there experiencing it myself. The film touches a huge social issue from the mid to late 20th century being that of racism and essentially apartheid in the southern usa. It does that very delicately at first and comforts you into the films tone and general feel. You are comfortable with the storyline as the tone is delivered to you in such a way you are at ease, this is a smooth watch that grows but not to the point it is a hard watch.

The comic relief is subtle and well timed, the dress and scenery is great without overshadowing the focus of the film. The acting from the two is just fantastic and you can see they had a good chemistry on set. Both of these chaps deserve best actor awards but not from the academy as that is just politicized bullshit now. Fans of cinema of any sort unless you are a kid can see these guys are at the top of their game in this, just brilliant cinema. So good i will buy the blueray just to support the film even though i will make a better (i will rip down uhd to 1080p with hdr still in the file) copy to actually watch for personal use.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.